Diesel price

Last time I asked was about 10 days ago and it was near as makes no difference to 1.40 a litre. Whether it's up or down since I don't know.

1.05 plus for green this morning. Dropped ten cent overnight. Yet the pumps have all seem to risen in the last day or two. Near to €2 for white at the pumps
Where abouts is that in the country? Local contractor gave 1.39 yesterday including VAT, and he wouldn't be known to make many mistakes.

Where abouts is that in the country? Local contractor gave 1.39 yesterday including VAT, and he wouldn't be known to make many mistakes.
I was offered 1.42 3 days ago and then I said I’d have to look around and I’d come back to him and then he said oh it’s coming down tonight actually and he said hel have to ring the boss and he’d get back to me in a couple of hours got off the phone and he text me 5 mins later saying 1.34 he dropped the price fast when he realised I might get someone else

Meath. Its not really about making mistakes at the minute, prices are jumping around up and down. Woman in office reckoned it was goin to keep droppin, but it could easily go up again tomorrow.

Is there still a limit on the amount that will be delivered to you or can you get as much as you want

Paid 1:40incl on Monday, I was paying the bill yesterday and he said it was 1:30incl a friend paid 1:20incl yesterday off another supplier which I told our lad, he said he wasn't calling him a liar but no way that could be right, I was not impressed by that comment really just because they are off with their prices, definitely is price gouging going on in the country.

Paid 1:40incl on Monday, I was paying the bill yesterday and he said it was 1:30incl a friend paid 1:20incl yesterday off another supplier which I told our lad, he said he wasn't calling him a liar but no way that could be right, I was not impressed by that comment really just because they are off with their prices, definitely is price gouging going on in the country.
All depends on what day they bought their refill at I suppose.

Just a question here for lads, digger man here doing work for me got me to supply the diesel used a considerable amount. He told me he would take it off my bill, would lads charge him for price of diesel in the tank or what it cost to replace it?
I’m just gonna charge the price that was in the tank but would anybody else do different?

Just a question here for lads, digger man here doing work for me got me to supply the diesel used a considerable amount. He told me he would take it off my bill, would lads charge him for price of diesel in the tank or what it cost to replace it?
I’m just gonna charge the price that was in the tank but would anybody else do different?
Depends when the work was done. If he is only invoicing from January, then it would only be fair to use the price you paid then. If it was last week I would be looking for a meet in the middle solution i.e. if you paid 85c/l at the time of filling and the price now is €1.20/l agree on €1/l.

I don't think it matters what price the diesel is, he is going to charge you an hour rate for the digger and driver without diesel

I don't think it matters what price the diesel is, he is going to charge you an hour rate for the digger and driver without diesel
Exactly, you did not sell him any diesel, you just supplied the diesel to do your own work.
I am trying to do this, to a degree with in our machinery ring, the farmer getting very diesel intensive work done is having supply some of the diesel.

Depends whether digger came in empty and let full or vice versa, might not have arrived and left with same amount in tank

Think it was the nature of the work he was doing she was going through 100ltrs/day. Was there 8 days and got 600ltrs of me, maybe not a lot of diesel to some people but would prob of kept me going 2months.
I’m not being hateful about it was just interested to know what other people would do. As @lough said he will prob just charge for hours done less diesel.

Think it was the nature of the work he was doing she was going through 100ltrs/day. Was there 8 days and got 600ltrs of me, maybe not a lot of diesel to some people but would prob of kept me going 2months.
I’m not being hateful about it was just interested to know what other people would do. As @lough said he will prob just charge for hours done less diesel.
What size machine?

On the " supply the diesel to a contractor " as someone said to me on that, "aren't they getting paid ,going out the gate " he's right in many cases I think,that's if they want it then, as often they insist on leaving it a while. So up to them in these cases.

Back