Drinking bowl

Danube

I have a nose fill drinking bowl that I want to mount on a mass concrete wall and I'm wondering what the best way to go about it is. The wall is around 8 inches thick Do I drill straight through the wall and use threaded bar or would a chemical anchor be better? Or something like a thunderbolt? Or does anyone have a better suggestion? Tia

20211005_165243.jpg

That`s all you need . Have 4 water trough `s in slatted pen`s bolted to wall`s that way and there 20ltr trough`s . For a 12mm plug use a 10 mm coach bolt . Have used them to hang gates aswell but only small gates not one`s open to abuse as the plugs are designed for vertical load more so than the horizontal load a gate would put on them .
My preference would be the schneider plugs in the pic above . Have used a grey version (brand unknown) and the schneider would have a way thicker plastic to give a better grip .
Just a standard coachbolt direct into the plug?

Reactions: AYF
I have a nose fill drinking bowl that I want to mount on a mass concrete wall and I'm wondering what the best way to go about it is. The wall is around 8 inches thick Do I drill straight through the wall and use threaded bar or would a chemical anchor be better? Or something like a thunderbolt? Or does anyone have a better suggestion? Tia

View attachment 98098
If I’m not mistaken you need to be careful choosing a fitting for the bottom hole on those ones, a loose bolt/ thunder bolt can be hard if not impossible to get into them. I normally just get the loose nut type of expansion bolt like this1633457711898.png

Or else a through bolt
1633457828608.png

But does depend on the wall and how sound it is or more importantly what’s in the pen with it. A bull will test any fixing if the walls not 100% if he decides to scratch on it

I’ve a small trough in my calving pen and instead of bolting ,it’s hooked over the wall on a couple of box sections.

That`s all you need . Have 4 water trough `s in slatted pen`s bolted to wall`s that way and there 20ltr trough`s . For a 12mm plug use a 10 mm coach bolt . Have used them to hang gates aswell but only small gates not one`s open to abuse as the plugs are designed for vertical load more so than the horizontal load a gate would put on them .
My preference would be the schneider plugs in the pic above . Have used a grey version (brand unknown) and the schneider would have a way thicker plastic to give a better grip.
Forgive me for the stupid question but is this what you mean by a coach bolt? And if it is how would you screw that into the concrete plug with the round head?
Screenshot_20211005-225830_Chrome.jpg

If I’m not mistaken you need to be careful choosing a fitting for the bottom hole on those ones, a loose bolt/ thunder bolt can be hard if not impossible to get into them. I normally just get the loose nut type of expansion bolt like thisView attachment 98100

Or else a through bolt
View attachment 98103

But does depend on the wall and how sound it is or more importantly what’s in the pen with it. A bull will test any fixing if the walls not 100% if he decides to scratch on it
I wasn't sure if through bolts would do the job. The drinker is for young bulls that will hopefully be around the 500kg mark next Spring so I'd imagine they would test it by head scratching. But I do have a guard to protect the drinker.

Anyone tried these condon drinkers?

Have one on a tank for 500 kg blacks. Haven't broke it yet and they're the kind of lads that would try. Mag drilled the pillar and 4 M12s I think holding it on. Very rigid

Back