Factory Prices General thread

Discussion in 'Stock Talk' started by nashmach, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Ozzy Scott

Ozzy Scott Well-Known Member

Havent heard that‍♂️, maybe its local price back 10c, as you were well ahead of the market. Those crowd bought hard and overpriced in the marts around here over the last week so they are just balancing the book. Have a good few cattle to roll this week, wasnt any mention of a lower price.

nashmach likes this.
  2. Ozzy Scott

Maybe in parts of the country, booking a week in advance around here and full kills each day. From watching the department price tables, they dont seem to be paying either:sad:

3. muckymanor

muckymanor Well-Known Member

Doesn't stop the agent ringing wondering if cattle can be brought in next tuesday

Mf240 likes this.
  4. Ozzy Scott

Are they terrible bad buyers or wankers to deal with if the locals dont deal with them. They probably have 2 artics of overpriced cattle bought in marts down here over last few days for Tuesdays kill. Surely over the last week they should be able to muster up another 150 cattle for Tuesdays kill from lads just phoning up to sell cattle over the last week.

5. muckymanor

muckymanor Well-Known Member

I have dealt with others and I wasn't happy.
    In fairness, they don't have a big area. They have a fairly big factory not too far from them.

6. humungus

humungus Well-Known Member

prices definitely not down in enniscorthy last week anyway and haven,t heard of any other mart being down, the factories trying to spook a few lads into unloading cattle i,d say

7. Arthur

Arthur Well-Known Member

i had a load booked for last Thursday, they went Tuesday evening, first time I ever saw a price rise in July....................

8. Ozzy Scott

Sent them cattle towards the end of last year after the debacle, when couldnt get enough animals killed locally. Found them the finest

9. diesel power

diesel power Well-Known Member

Grass growth is fantastic of late and lads aren't under pressure to move on cattle. I'd say factories are finding supplies aren't where they would usually expect them to be as a result if grass growth.

10. leoh

leoh Member

Flush them out tactics is all it is

11. Mf240

Mf240 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20200731-113801_Chrome.jpg the Cow in picture is the next lot . Price and details are for a big yellow charlaoiis cow. Top quality and very fat. What would she need to make per kg to come into that in factory.

12. Ozzy Scott

Throw another €60 of costs on her, 3.90 would get her out of trouble. Assume a factory bought her

Mf240 and tanko like this.
  13. Green Grass

Green Grass Well-Known Member

The story with young cows when they cross border ,it can not be checked wheather they had calf or not so in all probability she ended up as heifer price

14. nashmach

nashmach Well-Known Member

Were you disappointed you couldn't bid!!!!

There would want to be a calf included as well

Mf240 likes this.