Fert register

Mf240

Whats the story with not being allowed spread phos unless you have soil samples showing you need it.
How do you find out how much fert your allowed spread.

I think if the ground is not tested it's assumed index 3 or 4. Nothing allowed if index 4.
Probably best to get the soil sampled, will give better indication for management and allowances.
Do you have to upload the soil test results to say that it's not index 3 or 4

Nope, all farmers have been governed by P limits for the last 20 yrs, many didn’t play much heed to them, up to now
The big difference now though is you must assume index 4 if no soil analysis available while before you could choose to just assume index 3 and not bother sampling

So you have to upload samples somewhere or just keep them in a filling cabinet incase of an inspection

Jumping in here as I buried my head in sand around this for a while.
Advisor told me how much I was allowed spread but he didn't use my soil samples in his figures (my fault, I came to him for a last minute figure, and I'd say he assumed I hadn't soil sampled). If he assumed index 4, is it possible I could spread more based on some index 3 sample results

Advisor told me how much I was allowed spread but he didn't use my soil samples in his figures (my fault, I came to him for a last minute figure, and I'd say he assumed I hadn't soil sampled). If he assumed index 4, is it possible I could spread more based on some index 3 sample results
Yes

Got soil samples done here as part of the soil sampling scheme and I’m shocked with the results for P content.
Some bits of land I got tested have never received fertiliser or slurry, just too wet and rushy and would never be productive no matter how much money was ploughed in to it, but I got them tested because I had a few spare samples I could take , came back as very high in phosphorus, well into index 4. I have my doubts about a lot of my results.
Think I’m going to get them tested again by teagasc to compare the results, very low stocked here and use very little fertiliser and slurry, and land would be mostly poor to average quality.

Got soil samples done here as part of the soil sampling scheme and I’m shocked with the results for P content.
Some bits of land I got tested have never received fertiliser or slurry, just too wet and rushy and would never be productive no matter how much money was ploughed in to it, but I got them tested because I had a few spare samples I could take , came back as very high in phosphorus, well into index 4. I have my doubts about a lot of my results.
Think I’m going to get them tested again by teagasc to compare the results, very low stocked here and use very little fertiliser and slurry, and land would be mostly poor to average quality.
Really wet high carbon soil can be high in phosphorus. You never get the benefit though because it's really wet high carbon soil.
Take the second test though to be sure.

Can you spread some p without samples,

Back