Grass Growth Rates

Just after cutting the second surplus paddock of the year, locational surplus more like it, be used straight away in the yard as it's time to start housing the first 10% of cattle:sad:.

Growth has dropped back to 60ish = demand, utilisation will double over next few days. Allot of paddocks only 50% grazed over last round due to ground conditions.

Body under armour on, and back to porridge in the morning :no:

Growth has slowed significantly in the last 7 days here but cattle are utilising the grass that's there to a greater extent than we have seen since july

I left out a few small cattle to clean off the grass after the cows . Teagasc wont answer my calls anymore
Arent you lucky.....😊..i have a few sheep belonging to a neighbour but il have to fence them out.....bigger problem though, how ya keep out usually between 70 and 80 swans a day is my annoyance... it said 8 of them is equivalent to a cow

Did they listen to you at anytime ?

The dog is your sounding board .

I'm a member of teagasc . They sent me a bill the other day for 350 euros
My total interaction with them was sending a text message in early April asking them to do my bfp online. And a second text message 3 weeks later telling them I did it myself on agfood.com

My total interaction with them was sending a text message in early April asking them to do my bfp online. And a second text message 3 weeks later telling them I did it myself on agfood.com
Even eir wouldnt charge you that much for as little communication

I am with a private planner since 1997 . I filled out a slurry export form , took it over to their office in Portlaoise on Thursday , and I got a bill in the post today for something like €113.50 .

They have got heavy with the biro.

Back