Heifers in the parlour

Billybob

As it’s full swing with the heifers in the parlour now just wondering what do ye do to calm them and stop kicking

As it’s full swing with the heifers in the parlour now just wondering what do ye do to calm them and stop kicking

Try and get in mature cows at front and back for a start .
I tie their back leg , or legs to the rail with a rope .

I love milking heifers there no bother at all,they calve in with minimal problems and just get on with it,must be two in the pit with 36 units?

Or is it a rotary?
Ya 2 people somtimes but when there’s milk for calves while there feeding u can be down to 1 unless you have 3 people. and No it’s herringbone

Ya 2 people somtimes but when there’s milk for calves while there feeding u can be down to 1 unless you have 3 people. and No it’s herringbone
A rotary is worse as you’ve no cow to keep a heifer tight up,2 here in my 32/64 many a time we’ll have 20 heifers in a side,I’d be feeding after milking till they settle.

Well you know what they say “quiet men make quiet cows”

I’ve never had a cow or heifer I couldn’t manage,patience is a virtue.
Most of them would be very quiet.had a stock bull of mascol out of the pietje cow family ( remember the bull sunnyboy back 20 yr ago ) that came from donegal who was a lovely quiet bull but by god what he bred would leave Conor McGregor looking tame.had to let some of them off .there was no settling them .someone would have got hurt with them

Most of them would be very quiet.had a stock bull of mascol out of the pietje cow family ( remember the bull sunnyboy back 20 yr ago ) that came from donegal who was a lovely quiet bull but by god what he bred would leave Conor McGregor looking tame.had to let some of them off .there was no settling them .someone would have got hurt with them
And it’s the red cows Christ they are a different breed😂there is just somthing to them

Back