International / Case International

I have a 885xl here, doesn't do a whole pile with me but in a previous home it done round baling, ploughing, tilling, grain haulage.
I have had a few lads asking to give them first refusal if I was going to sell it.
There's contractors near here that had a number of them over the years, both 2wd and 4wd.

While I'm on the subject I have two questions that maybe ye could help me with.
1. If I drive her for a while and stop the engine water does come out of the radiator overflow, would that be a head gasket gone or worse? There's no indication of water in the oil or vice versa.
2. I might have asked this before, with the new regs coming in I'd like to have a trailer braking system on it, can such a system be retro fitted and where would I get the necessary parts?

1. If I drive her for a while and stop the engine water does come out of the radiator overflow, would that be a head gasket gone or worse? There's no indication of water in the oil or vice versa.
2. I might have asked this before, with the new regs coming in I'd like to have a trailer braking system on it, can such a system be retro fitted and where would I get the necessary parts?

Are you topping it up everyime when cold, if so it is probably expansion that's causing the overflow, a weak pressure in the cap could also do it. It would be possible to retrofit a trailer brake valve, not sure where you would get one but iirc someone was asking previously about retro fitting to another tractor. http://www.forum4farming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9319

I have a 885xl here, doesn't do a whole pile with me but in a previous home it done round baling, ploughing, tilling, grain haulage.
I have had a few lads asking to give them first refusal if I was going to sell it.
There's contractors near here that had a number of them over the years, both 2wd and 4wd.

885 look nippy machine

Had a 895 a few years back losing water head gasket symptoms turned out to be a injector sleeve leaking.

Might be slightly tattier in the cab but the 956 old style looks the better tractor, nicer rubber too.

Thought the same especially when you consider most red and cream ones would be affected by poor cab lining or else rust.

It is in great condition, but they would be known for doing a very thorough job when it comes to resprays.

They should have straightened up the cab roof lights while they were at it, the hanging off look :thumbdown:

Isn't it just, it does look well alright but I 'd have questions over the roof , something not quiet right there and the wear on the front tyres would suggest serious toe in to take the wobble out of the steering, why not show a picture of the cab interior too.

Shouldn't the red strip over the front window be deeper?

The roof is a makey uppy, it should have a gutter rail on both sides and the other thing missing is a R/H mirror.

Should it not have rounded corners at each top side ? Looks like someone folded it. Not a bad job done for an everyday tractor, but not up to scratch for that money.

For that money everything would have to be absolutely spot on, which it isn't. Even at that a mint one would only make half of what he is asking.

For that money everything would have to be absolutely spot on, which it isn't. Even at that a mint one would only make half of what he is asking.

Theres another one up their too for 6250 with a loader.

Still madness if you ask me.

I clean 784/785 would be a far better bet in my book.

Theres another one up their too for 6250 with a loader.

Still madness if you ask me.

I clean 784/785 would be a far better bet in my book.

Yea, 85 series are a better bet for that money. But for that money there are better tractors out there imo.

Sold the 674 recently myself, a good tractor but probably wouldn't get another for the work I'd be at.

Back