inverter welders

dont know how many liters the bottle holds but its about waist high(standard pub gas bottle size):001_huh:
dont use mine that much either ,was bloody expensive on boc:angry:

Trouble with pub bottles is ten pint of beer costs better end of 30 quid and thats what happens everytime i go near a pub there wouldnt be much welding getting done !!!!!!:whistling:Which reminds me i must go tonight to retrive my coat :whistling::whistling:

Trouble with pub bottles is ten pint of beer costs better end of 30 quid and thats what happens everytime i go near a pub there wouldnt be much welding getting done !!!!!!:whistling:Which reminds me i must go tonight to retrive my coat :whistling::whistling:

Tell the painter I may be down on friday night :thumbup1:

straight Co2 is not ideal, once apona it was widely used but was a real PITA because it freezes and thus needed a specially designed heater at the reg end.... In this weather laying out large beads it would still freeze..

Its also more active than argon rich mixes as is nigh on useless for thin material applications it dissociates at the high temperatures at the bottom of the weld pool, and causes a wider less controlled bead.....Argon Rich mixes will go into spray transfer at lower Voltages...

normally these days straight Co2 is not used, and is blended up to 25% depending on the use, the rest argon with a small bal of Air... this produces less finger like penetration and better wetting control..

However pub Co2 is NOT shielding gas it contains a high balance of O2 and Nitrogen, this will make the weld pool active and porous, It should NEVER be use for a structural joint....

All top end MIGs are now Inverter based, and probably over the next 10 years or so MIG plants will go the same way as TIG, Plasma and MMA with transformer based plants as a rarity rather than the norm..

The advantages of Inverter based MIGs are huge, giving a much wider range of materials that can be welded and the state of globular transfer can be eliminated with the pulsing fetures......

I haven't touched my sip 180 air cooled machine since buying an inverter. I only intended to use it up ladders and 50 yards from the nearest socket but now use it on everything (including mending the boom on the handler). Why lug x Kg of old tech about when you don't need to?

Just finished welding the shed and my Bantam's bit the dust. So it's back to the New Arc inverter.
http://newarc.co.uk/index2.htm
Click on product index and take a look at the R1500, it'll weld 4mm rods all day the only thing to get hot and botherd is the welder himself,great bit of kit.:thumbup:

Ritchie

Have just ordered a kemppi inverter mig and you can now buy a bottle of argon/co2 mix. i will own the bottle and the supplier will deliver a replacement when required so no rental. it has a built in regulator which is serviced every time. this will be carried in the van along with an inverter stick welder

Back