Massey Ferguson 135

Higher Farm

Hello everyone I’m new on here hoping for some quality advise from chaps in the know. I’ve a 1969 135 which has sentimental value to me.

I’m putting her to work on our small farm/market garden however I’m new to this tractor and wondering if you could help with the following which I’m sure have been covered many times over.

1. How full do you fill radiator as mine seems to sit well below the fill neck. - leaks the rest out through the breather pipe I believe? However it sits below the breather pipe. Radiator seems solid can’t identify any leaks.

2. Which transmission oil would you recommend?

3. which engine oil should I use?

4. My PTO leaks a few drips after use - is this usual or should I replace the seal.

Would hugely appreciate any help thanks

I’ve attached photo for fun.

Attachments

• 151271E8-AC95-490C-BDDB-CCBF4585249B.jpeg
    151271E8-AC95-490C-BDDB-CCBF4585249B.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 50
The observations above I’d agree with. On the PTO leak, well, it shouldn’t leak. If it’s a tiny bit and it doesnt worry you then Id leave it alone. If it’s the same shaft set up as the Fergie 20 then replacing the seal is not a big job though you may have to skim the surface that the seal runs on with a lathe as it will be worn and a new seal alone will start leaking again soon. There should be four bolts in a ring around the PTO housing, having removed these the whole shaft slides out and the seal housing can then be removed. I’d prefer that you check with someone who has done a 135 as live drive may be different and some tractors need the PTO lever engaged while shaft is removed to stop the guts falling out to the bottom of the backend when the shaft is removed.

Am not sure on the shaft removing bit never did it ,if its just the seal replacement, remove the internal check chain brackets then the 2 short studs that are now visible ,these hold a flat plate, remove it what you see now is the housing with the seal and the rear bearing the easy est way to pull it out is screw in a pto cover used to have one with 2 slots cut in it for 2 pry bars ,its just an o ring on the outside to seal with the back end casing .

Back