Nash get the cheque book out!

What type of trailer should nash buy?

• Dropside

Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Two purpose built trailers

Votes: 70 68.0%

• Total voters
Lads leaving out the price are just trying to gauge what the market is willing to pay and trying to get as much as they can for a yoke. Leads to a lot of time wasters ringing in the hope of getting a bargain I'd imagine.

Lads leaving out the price are just trying to gauge what the market is willing to pay and trying to get as much as they can for a yoke. Leads to a lot of time wasters ringing in the hope of getting a bargain I'd imagine.
Actually that's what I hate about some ads. Yeah we all hate time wasters but trying to say that only a genuine buyer should ring is beyond me. And how do you guage that you are a time waster you know. If I were to ring up just to find out what the price is so I could think about which tractor to buy, would that be considered time wasting by the person answering?

Not putting a price on an add is idiotic. As a buyer I'm never going to offer a price first before hearing what you want for it so you might as well stick it on the add save me having to ask before making an offer.

They are often cash boys trying to dodge the inspector calls. Some wont even say a price over the phone. The kind of fellas that talk fast through closed lips

@nashmach
As a followup.
Do you regret whichever purchase you did?
Seem to think it was a dropside you bought??
Do you regret not buying one of each?

I thought this thread had evaporated.

Bog Man, you are right about the short pants :blushing:

I still fancy some of the same things as I did when I wore short pants Nash;

TW35’s.
John Deere 4650’s,
my science teacher, etc.

Nothing to be worried about :smile:

I thought this thread had evaporated.

Bog Man, you are right about the short pants :blushing:
All my fault I’m afraid @nashmach, I have seen multiple references to your trailer purchase thread and as it’s something I might do sometime I felt I might learn a bit.
I am only part of the way through it and the one thing I learnt is be VERY careful about asking for advice in buying a second hand machine on here or else be prepared for some slagging. Almost all in the form of banter to be fair.

All my fault I’m afraid @nashmach, I have seen multiple references to your trailer purchase thread and as it’s something I might do sometime I felt I might learn a bit.
I am only part of the way through it and the one thing I learnt is be VERY careful about asking for advice in buying a second hand machine on here or else be prepared for some slagging. Almost all in the form of banter to be fair.

How far have you gone so far?
I take it that you haven't come across the OH thread yet. :Whistle2:

@nashmach
As a followup.
Do you regret whichever purchase you did?
Seem to think it was a dropside you bought??
Do you regret not buying one of each?

Bought a dropside from a member on here alright.

We would never have the level of use for a solid trailer here but an 18ft or 22ft would be a useful addition at some stage.

I am happy enough though continuing with what we have.

I will say though if a clean 16ft Gerry Brennan tandem or an aluminium Toomey came up for sale I could be tempted.

I'd have to trade a trailer in though and that would be a hard decision.

How far have you gone so far?
I take it that you haven't come across the OH thread yet. :Whistle2:
Only got to page 16 on the cheque book thread last night.
I hope you don’t mean Other Half? FFS if ye lads are advising/critising his choices he will be driven to the drink. Let me know the title and when I have finished the current one I will have a look. Who needs Easons!!

I hope you don’t mean Other Half? FFS if ye lads are advising/critising his choices he will be driven to the drink. Let me know the title and when I have finished the current one I will have a look. Who needs Easons!!

Il stick up a link in a few days. :cool1:

The other half was for Peter and not Nash

Back