Off grid electric power

Hi all , I’m just about to start building a house on 80 acres of land , which doesn’t have electric on it . 60k to install it , so I’m looking for any suggestions for off grid soulutions ? Would need to be strong enough to cover a big house 2 cattle sheds ( lights ) .

Hi all , I’m just about to start building a house on 80 acres of land , which doesn’t have electric on it . 60k to install it , so I’m looking for any suggestions for off grid soulutions ? Would need to be strong enough to cover a big house 2 cattle sheds ( lights ) .
60k to get electricity laid on to your house?? How far are you from the nearest other house or transformer?

If mains isn't a option I'd be looking at generator pv and wind mix with batteries try and generate as much as you can and use the generator for peak loads

Solar, batteries and a generator for backup. No electric showers or conventional immersion.

With some basic controls it should be possible to heat water with an immersion run by excess solar in sunny weather and with the oil on dull days.

Sized right you may only need the genny a few times a year.

If you want to have a workshop down the line invest in cordless tools and charge them via the solar and get a three phase genny for welders or machine tools.

I'd imagine you'll do it all for a good bit less than 60k but I dont know what the maintenance or replacement costs would be over the long term

and gloves.

check out wild wonderful off grid on youtube, my daughter watches it, it's about a couple building an off grid house in the states, in a not especially sunny part either, they have a lot of videos about their solar setup.

Back