Older diggers for farm use

Yeah but most of the work you'll do on farm with a digger gorund is wet drains cleaning ditches etc so tracks is the ideal we went wheeled just because of the amount of roads we have but would have been better changing bale trailer for a low loader and getting tracked

You wont go too far wrong with a 3cx, and it wont lose much money either. As said, 4wd is a must really.

Hard to go wrong with a wheeled digger for a farm, very versatile machine, especially if another loader is needed. We have 1 here as well as a tractor loader and they have both been needed on certain jobs.

It's hardly worth, the amount of work a good driver and digger would do, especially considering your work and Sundays are already jam packed as it is for you.

Agree with larry. Hire a good man with a digger for the few jobs you'd be doing.
Be very hard to have time to do everything :001_unsure: Its another machine to look after, service, repair etc.

We'll have to find ya a woman to cut down on all this work :yes:

Agree with larry. Hire a good man with a digger for the few jobs you'd be doing.
Be very hard to have time to do everything :001_unsure: Its another machine to look after, service, repair etc.

We'll have to find ya a woman to cut down on all this work :yes:

Thats the problem though Mike, its hard to get a woman to do physical work nowadays :001_unsure:

Thats the problem though Mike, its hard to get a woman to do physical work nowadays :001_unsure:

That's the thing :sad:
Anyways, nash how much work would you have for a digger? Would you consider a bale handler for the front then say for stacking silage bales etc to spare the tractor and loader?

Well the other way of looking at it is its another loader, and I can't see the 3600 handling a bigger spreader than now really and we all know how much a good loader costs.

You'd need at least a days work before calling anyone due to call out charges to make it worthwhile.

I may be busyish during the weekends but there are other days I'd be very quiet and with some more work/purchases things will become a lot handier.

I am listening though:D

That's the thing :sad:
Anyways, nash how much work would you have for a digger? Would you consider a bale handler for the front then say for stacking silage bales etc to spare the tractor and loader?

Would definitely consider it Mike and would probably put a tanco quick attach on it to make it even more versatile.

We have a lot of wet land here with drains too. If I totted everything up as it stands before building work and other lighter stuff I wouldn't be far off 200 hours over a period at least.

Indeed. Should be given priority over trailers and diggers I feel. ;)

Says Romeo himself:eek::D

If it takes this much deciding on a trailer how long is it going to take to find the right woman???:crying:

With my track record a long time:D:thumbup:

Just watching Love/Hate there, the boys have good use for a wheeled digger :lol::lol: fair handy machine for gangland crime

We have just got rid of our 550 was a grand we digger, not the most powerful tool yoke, but did anything it was asked to do.

On the lookout for a fresher rubber wheeled digger now, our farms are spread out so suits us better than a track machine. Good for backup on the sheir grab too

We had a 1986 50hx and it was a good machine. The slew motor and main pin for holding the back actor in place gave a little trouble. We even put up silage with it.

Not a patch on the 1998 860 we have though, that has served us well.

Back