Wanted parts

MM2

Have an Irish market massey ferguson 1135 lined up for restoration. Need a source for parts as the owner tells me the grill, gear knobs and other various bits were stole off it a while back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you an extra 1 put in there by mistake
No. It's an 1135 a local man's father bought sometime in the 70s. Don't know much about it. Just mentioned it there today but was concerned about parts as someone stole a heap off it. Don't want to tell him it can be fixed without a source for parts. Have other yolks lined up and can't have it waiting around taking up space in the shed for parts that can't be got.

No. It's an 1135 a local man's father bought sometime in the 70s. Don't know much about it. Just mentioned it there today but was concerned about parts as someone stole a heap off it. Don't want to tell him it can be fixed without a source for parts. Have other yolks lined up and can't have it waiting around taking up space in the shed for parts that can't be got.
Do you have it so, or does someone else have it?

Do you have it so, or does someone else have it?
It's currently sitting in his second yard. Have no room for it up in the shed at the minute and around 5 or 6 other yolks in line ahead of it to be done up. Just thought I'd make an early start on finding parts for it so times not wasted searching for them. I only know of one other one in this county and that's owned by kennys of bohermeen

It's currently sitting in his second yard. Have no room for it up in the shed at the minute and around 5 or 6 other yolks in line ahead of it to be done up. Just thought I'd make an early start on finding parts for it so times not wasted searching for them. I only know of one other one in this county and that's owned by kennys of bohermeen
Are you a professional restorer? What else have you in the shed? @johndeere6920s had a 1135 in the family at some stage I think, he'd love this thread

Are you a professional restorer? What else have you in the shed? @johndeere6920s had a 1135 in the family at some stage I think, he'd love this thread
I wouldnt know would i call it professional, have a 30x50ft shed that i fix up yolks in or on some occasions I go out and fix them if it's a small enough job. I'm currently doing up a 1981/82 (not sure yet) massey 240 with a lambourn cab and a david brown 995 is set to land at some stage this week in bits for spraying and to be put back together again.

20210313_224456.jpg
20210313_220120.jpg
Screenshot_20210321-012901.png

'Tis a fine shed, looks fairly new, what kind of money did it cost? Had you a big job sorting out the electrics on the 240?

'Tis a fine shed, looks fairly new, what kind of money did it cost? Had you a big job sorting out the electrics on the 240?
Yeah only up a year this summer. Got it done locally by Pete's and Sean Cassidy, believe it was around 15 or 16000 or quite sure. The roller door was another 1500 on its own I think, may check it again. Oh don't talk about the electrics, absolute torture, I'm up and down the road to john conaty all day trying to get a loom sorted for it, I've called Martin's and all and no luck, going to try a lad in longford now who seems to have the right one, while waiting the last 2 weeks we managed to fix the wires on the dash loom but the harness for the engine was gone beyond saving. One of the most awkward tractors ever to get wiring for because they've been making them for so long and there's so many variants. Trying to source a back window has been difficult too, had to fabricate a new bracket for it based off the one on the uncle's 168. Such a job. Deffenitely learnt from this yolk check parts availability well in advance of startin hence why I'm here now before going near that 1135. :unsure:

Yeah only up a year this summer. Got it done locally by Pete's and Sean Cassidy, believe it was around 15 or 16000 or quite sure. The roller door was another 1500 on its own I think, may check it again. Oh don't talk about the electrics, absolute torture, I'm up and down the road to john conaty all day trying to get a loom sorted for it, I've called Martin's and all and no luck, going to try a lad in longford now who seems to have the right one, while waiting the last 2 weeks we managed to fix the wires on the dash loom but the harness for the engine was gone beyond saving. One of the most awkward tractors ever to get wiring for because they've been making them for so long and there's so many variants. Trying to source a back window has been difficult too, had to fabricate a new bracket for it based off the one on the uncle's 168. Such a job. Deffenitely learnt from this yolk check parts availability well in advance of startin hence why I'm here now before going near that 1135. :unsure:
If you're having trouble getting parts for a 240, getting parts for a 1135 will be next to impossible. America might be your best place to look, try that tractor breaker in Spain, I think this is him https://www.desguacescasquero.com/

Don't put that MASSEY FERGUSON sticker back on the cab roof at the front, it looks much better without it

If you're having trouble getting parts for a 240, getting parts for a 1135 will be next to impossible. America might be your best place to look, try that tractor breaker in Spain, I think this is him https://www.desguacescasquero.com/

Don't put that MASSEY FERGUSON sticker back on the cab roof at the front, it looks much better without it
Thanks, this should be helpful. Was on the fence about the cab roof sticker, if it was mine I wouldn't bother but your man that owns it wants it put back on so I suppose I may listen to him.

Ned Murphy and Tom Murphy are 2 completely different outfits .
Tom is just before Kildavin village.

Ned Murphy and Tom Murphy are 2 completely different outfits .
Tom is just before Kildavin village.
The postman on our route had a lot of Murphy and Townsend families to deliver to . None of them were related but all had Tom’s and Ned’s .

Can only see his Facebook

Another one

Jesus I never thought of Murphy's. Have a relative who works for them. May ask him can he keep an eye out for parts for an 1135 and maybe a few other bits. Thanks

Jesus I never thought of Murphy's. Have a relative who works for them. May ask him can he keep an eye out for parts for an 1135 and maybe a few other bits. Thanks
Kelly’s of Buldurragh used have a fleet of 1135’s on Massey harvesters cutting silage. .

Back