Replacing halogen with LED bulbs

Merv_B

Although I don’t do a lot of tractor work in the dark I have always been a bit disappointed with the standard lights in the Mighty Maxxum.

Ordered a couple of LED bulbs from Amazon at the weekend. The parking lights do have a bit of a blue/purple tinge but at least you can see them.

Got these Novsight H4 for the headlights. Bit of a cock up as they are bulky so had to leave the wiring outside the housing. Managed to squeeze it on but thinking probably should have made a small hole rather than squashing the wires but thought it would keep the dust out. Tried them this evening and seems to be a big difference in illumination.

NOVSIGHT H4 LED Headlight Bulbs Hi/lo 60W (30W X2) 10000LM 6000K B2 Copper Substrate Car Replacement Lights Halogen and Xenon Kit 2 Lamps https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DN9K...abc_A7PJD5V1JS3AS9PPV4FC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Need to get some different bulbs for the Aux headlights on the grab tails as they Novsight H7 I ordered will not fit in the housing. Need to get ones that don’t have a fan or large cooling fins.

Have some LED 886 bulbs coming for the work lights in the bonnet as you cannot swap these with the likes of the UTV Products LED unit like you can on the NH.

Next plan is to replace some of the work lights with LEDs lamps especially the lower back lights which keep blowing the halogen bulbs.

If anyone has any advice or done similar please chip in

It must be that time of the year, I have a pair of these at home ready to go on the 3cx, the original headlights have lost all the silver coating, you'd hardly see the front wheels with them😀, i hope the installation is straight forward, the connector on the jcb lights is different but I got a harness to convert over.

View attachment 98732put utv work lamps on both the TM's last spring and coincidentally last week upgraded all the bulbs to led, bought them off the autosparky, don't know if they were good or bad value but a serious job.
What worklights did you get?, I got some of these for the ts 115, i haven't fitted them yet but it looks like the brackets should fit

Wh
Although I don’t do a lot of tractor work in the dark I have always been a bit disappointed with the standard lights in the Mighty Maxxum.

Ordered a couple of LED bulbs from Amazon at the weekend. The parking lights do have a bit of a blue/purple tinge but at least you can see them.

Got these Novsight H4 for the headlights. Bit of a cock up as they are bulky so had to leave the wiring outside the housing. Managed to squeeze it on but thinking probably should have made a small hole rather than squashing the wires but thought it would keep the dust out. Tried them this evening and seems to be a big difference in illumination.

NOVSIGHT H4 LED Headlight Bulbs Hi/lo 60W (30W X2) 10000LM 6000K B2 Copper Substrate Car Replacement Lights Halogen and Xenon Kit 2 Lamps https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DN9K...abc_A7PJD5V1JS3AS9PPV4FC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Need to get some different bulbs for the Aux headlights on the grab tails as they Novsight H7 I ordered will not fit in the housing. Need to get ones that don’t have a fan or large cooling fins.

Have some LED 886 bulbs coming for the work lights in the bonnet as you cannot swap these with the likes of the UTV Products LED unit like you can on the NH.

Next plan is to replace some of the work lights with LEDs lamps especially the lower back lights which keep blowing the halogen bulbs.

If anyone has any advice or done similar please chip in
What style are your works lights? Any picture of the original?

@johndeere6920s they are the original rectangular ones on there at the moment.

Attachments

• 4A7AC758-EF3E-4475-940E-3DA051BBFE84.jpeg
    4A7AC758-EF3E-4475-940E-3DA051BBFE84.jpeg
    407.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 3FD63D30-15C0-4B08-8AB8-19AF05C2EE32.jpeg
    3FD63D30-15C0-4B08-8AB8-19AF05C2EE32.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 00E0CF1A-9D83-4677-BC58-12E51BE07F87.jpeg
    00E0CF1A-9D83-4677-BC58-12E51BE07F87.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 68
Sparex do LED replacements for lights in the roof at the front, well impressed with the light from them and definitely worth changing.
Only changed one other set with set of rectangular sparex LEDs on the back on the cab pillars as theoriginals had some corrosion on the bulb holders and were melting the fuses.
The 4 LEDs out perform the full set of the originals!

What worklights did you get?, I got some of these for the ts 115, i haven't fitted them yet but it looks like the brackets should fit

Got 4 of them for the tm here. Christ they're some job. Got them from autosparky. Would leave a gap in the pocket mind you. Got led bulbs from there for the parks just for shits and giggles mainly

Last edited:
Iv gotten sparex, UTV and led global branded LEDs in past . Sparex ones I didn’t much of the light output or colour. The UTV ones and led global are streets ahead of the sparex.
The cheep ones you see for small money are crap they dont last and the interfere with radio. Iv utv headlights this 3 years and there still perfect .

Sticking led bulbs into normal halogen lamps isnt as good as the reflection is just not there to trow out the light compared to the way the proper led lamps do .

Back