Shed painters

• Thread starter John kverneland
  • Start date
J

John kverneland

anyone heard of "cork County painters"? Have called around the place a couple of times and outside business hours. Left a flyer in the postbox.

did they greet you like "How ya doin' boss! I see a few your sheds want some paint." or something along those lines

No I didn't talk to them. It says blarney on the flyer with a 1800 number!!

anyone heard of "cork County painters"? Have called around the place a couple of times and outside business hours. Left a flyer in the postbox.
Ethnic minority to be sure. Have never known a registered, tax compliant, honest painter to go to farms looking for work. No doubt his flyer had a before and after picture of someone’s yard who got a great deal by letting their pictures be used....they use 1800 numbers with someone posh sounding on the phone to lure the unsuspecting.

Ethnic minority to be sure. Have never known a registered, tax compliant, honest painter to go to farms looking for work. No doubt his flyer had a before and after picture of someone’s yard who got a great deal by letting their pictures be used....they use 1800 numbers with someone posh sounding on the phone to lure the unsuspecting.

Yes before and after pictures gutters supplied and fitted primer oxide plastic coated paint etc.. free quotation. I can't seem to find a proper crowd to do a job though..

Yes before and after pictures gutters supplied and fitted primer oxide plastic coated paint etc.. free quotation. I can't seem to find a proper crowd to do a job though..
It’s like watching money burn, if you really need them I’d suggest you buy your own paint and thinners then make sure that’s what they use.
If you can find a Polish outfit that do decorating etc and make sure they have roof insurance etc or provide your own. They do good work in general.

Some of these people I’d say.

Attachments

• 245669A7-9E38-4883-9DBA-6AA1A7BA2E30.jpeg
    245669A7-9E38-4883-9DBA-6AA1A7BA2E30.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 159
A few years ago there was every type of O Brien on the farmers journal doing painting, all claimed not to be related to each other. There’s about 5 or 6 crowds on the journal now at it, no doubt all connected.

Just so there is no doubts, no I wasn’t at the funeral.
Whatever about the polo shirts I pissed myself when I realised the top of the casket had the sign writing too. They are proud of their work!!

Just so there is no doubts, no I wasn’t at the funeral.
Whatever about the polo shirts I pissed myself when I realised the top of the casket had the sign writing too. They are proud of their work!!

Jaysus I just noticed that now..

The lad that done them here would remind you of del boy with his talk . But to be fair to him done good work . Would have painted shed`s in work 20+ yrs ago and landed back 10yr`s later to see how they looked . Sheds here are painted 7 years and still fine .

have a regular that pops around maybe twice a year. last time we had sheds painted was 8-10 years ago and they look grand to us so he comes round to offer his power washing service which we dont bite but entertain the thought though just to stay on his good side as he doesnt really seem to bother us. ever since he's turned up, the amount of lads showing up with gates and the likes has dropped. rarely see them now. used to be every few weeks but now once every few months. get the odd guy then which we would never seen before in which we let our dogs do all the talking

We don't see any of the gate boys now .but the boys from blarney are in the area at the minute. Some good and some very bad reports doing the rounds.nasty fkrs by all accounts

Same here, didnt see them selling gates in years. The last lad that came around here was Connors from Wexford about 8 months ago, selling Led shed lighting.
A cousin of his, who goes as M and L trailers sells a lot of trailers around here, particularly cattle trailers. Mostly new Tuffmac, but also some IW.

They've gone hardcore with the violence this past decade

If rumours are to be believed, a lot of them are getting "high on their own supply"

As if they weren’t aggressive enough

OK they have done a shed in the area. I saw it this morning as a neighbour asked me to do a job for him. Low and behold it was the same lads that I was on about. They done a decent job I thought. He said 2 days power washing and painting. It looked well done with no drips or overspray anywhere. Painted rails and all.

Back