Solar panels

organic_ram

Just wondering folks if anyone has dealt with the solar panels company who Glanbia and Aurivo are aligned with ?

PW Generation is the name

Just wondering folks if anyone has dealt with the solar panels company who Glanbia and Aurivo are aligned with ?

PW Generation is the name
Ya we are. Not long after getting approval. Couldn't recommend them enough. They handled the hole lot from application to sizing the system

Just letting lads know that there is lads out there installing panels (not company above) and when the panels are installed no electrician will sign off on the job as they were not involved in there installation. Make sure a electrician cert will be provided before you part with money.

Ya we are. Not long after getting approval. Couldn't recommend them enough. They handled the hole lot from application to sizing the system
They seem very impressive alright, was sort of leaning towards a well known Galway solar panel business but think this Monaghan outfit might have the edge

Oh by the way Just so no confusion, indecisive sort from back in the day here , couldn't log in with old username,maybe they banned me 🤔, gone organic since start of year , learning curve as they say

They seem very impressive alright, was sort of leaning towards a well known Galway solar panel business but think this Monaghan outfit might have the edge
Well any question we asked they answered well. The big plus for us was they took control of the hole process. Other companies we went to were only interested in suppling the panels.

Got a quote from them today, no idea if competitive or not as haven't priced around

View attachment 134715

We got what looks like the same installation as that in the last month, a 6.97kw system with 5kw battery, 16 panels, and an "EDDI" for diverting some surplus to heating water.
We went for domestic grant, our prices were 11900 total for the system, 2400 grant. So we payed 9500.
Am I reading something incorrectly or is the company adding your grant price onto the system 🤔

Looking to install panels in the next few months so will be following this thread closely for insights and guidance… suppliers price etc

We got what looks like the same installation as that in the last month, a 6.97kw system with 5kw battery, 16 panels, and an "EDDI" for diverting some surplus to heating water.
We went for domestic grant, our prices were 11900 total for the system, 2400 grant. So we payed 9500.
Am I reading something incorrectly or is the company adding your grant price onto the system 🤔
By god it looks like it ! The power of the forum !

I've applied for a 15kw system with pv generation. Waiting to hear back from esb as to if my 16kva supply is big enough to handle any sort of export capacity, apparently the esb are rejecting a huge amount of applications because they just don't have the network capacity to handle a huge influx of electricity on the few extremely sunny day's in Ireland. I could of applied for up to a 22kw system for the 60% tams based on my usage, which would be a no brainer when getting that level of grant back, but I was told I didn't have a hope of asking the esb to allow export from a 22kw system, and then the 2nd major problem is I'm also limited to about 6kw inverter with the esb also, and that really is a big limitation because I use about 10kw of electricity each hour from 8 to 11 and 5 to 8 with milking machine and bulk tank, so won't be able to get the best utilisation out of my system for that. However the payback still is looking like 3 to 5yrs so is still worth going for.

Athlo if i do get approval in the next round in june or so, I certainly won't be putting it in this year because I'll need to bridge the full amount up front, before getting back the tams grant and vat, and every penny the farm brings in is getting put into more winter accommodation in the yard here this summer 😅

They priced it exclusive of the Tams grant and then deducted the 60%, it's a very expensive quote which explains why they are so loud about doing all the TAMS application work for the farmer

Has anyone gone for a ground mount system?
Would like to put one up behind the house on a bit of useless garden space.

How many panels and is it just the farmyard or is the house on it as well, have a crowd trying to get me to install on the house, the figures I'm getting show it paying half the bill and if the inverter needed replacing after it's warranty or say within 8 years I'd be back in debt to the system.
72 panels plus a 16 KW battery, yeah the house is on it as well so should run that no problem, have the 60% grant got so payback should be 2 to 3 years hopefully especially if prices stay as they are.

I will say one thing, you should shop around and get prices off as many people as you can, a lot of them will drop prices when they know some other crowd is interested.

72 panels plus a 16 KW battery, yeah the house is on it as well so should run that no problem, have the 60% grant got so payback should be 2 to 3 years hopefully especially if prices stay as they are.

I will say one thing, you should shop around and get prices off as many people as you can, a lot of them will drop prices when they know some other crowd is interested.
Is your house near the sheds, could you put them on a farm shed 120m from a house and use the electricity from the panels in the house (electricity in the farm shed comes from the house)

Back