Something stronger than jubilee clip.

f140

What's stronger than a Jubilee clip? There is a diesel pipe on the tractor connected to the tank using a clip. I have tightened it but outstrips the treads of the jubilee clip. Put on new clip . Again leaked and tightened it up but now treads gone again. Pipe isn't leaking as I checked to make sure pipe hadn't cut it.

Is there anything with better treads I can use?

What's stronger than a Jubilee clip? There is a diesel pipe on the tractor connected to the tank using a clip. I have tightened it but outstrips the treads of the jubilee clip. Put on new clip . Again leaked and tightened it up but now treads gone again. Pipe isn't leaking as I checked to make sure pipe hadn't cut it.

Wrap a bit of plumbers white tape on the stub that you are pushing the pipe on to.
Just allows the flexible hose and jubilee clip to bed better.

First question is what size hose? jubilee clips don't scale down very well so if it's a tiny hose then it's not the best choice. anything smaller than 12mm or so can be a challenge depending on the situation.

are you using a good brand of jubilee clip? mikalor, norma or jubilee would all be good.

What size of hose is it? bluffegan's suggestion is great but they scale down even worse than a jubilee clip, rarely see them smaller than 25mm or so (commonly referred to as a mikalor clamp, even though mikalor also make jubilee style too)

What you might need is what I would call a fuel hose clip, I don't know if there's a proper name for them but they look like this https://www.halfords.ie/tools/fuses-electricals-fixings/halfords-petrol-hose-clips-209973.html

ideally I'd buy them somewhere other than halfords. They don't clamp as tight as a good jubilee clip, but the clamp mechanism is a lot smaller so they can clamp properly on much smaller diameters and you don't have that flat spot where the screw is in the jubilee clamp.

i only ever buy hi-grip jubilee clips now. normal ones are all useless but there is a hi-grip range or torque in most decent makes of hose clips, they often look the same! but they are not

Back