Straw Prices

He’ll burn the bales of rushes I’d say before he’d try sell them on DoneDeal. Could you imagine the fellas that would be ringing asking about them . 🤣🤣 . We’ll have use for them here will spare straw not that we’re short straw mind 🙄
We made 33 bales of rushes last year for our own use, there’s 6 left and we used another 6, rest were given to neighbours who were stuck, I’d say fellas will take them no bother if you get them saved

Maybe it's the cynic in me but at anything like the money currently being mentioned I don't know what anyone is holding onto straw for that doesn't have their own cattle, like what more are lads hoping for, if you could get near that money and paid promptly I would be clearing it out of the place.
Sorry should have explained better, the straw was stored in the shed and there was an agreement with the customer that it would be kept for next year for him, but no price was discussed.

He’ll burn the bales of rushes I’d say before he’d try sell them on DoneDeal. Could you imagine the fellas that would be ringing asking about them . 🤣🤣 . We’ll have use for them here will spare straw not that we’re short straw mind 🙄
I know of plenty lads who used rushes when straw was reasonably priced. Last ones baled here a few years ago were all dumped. Definitely wouldn't be dumping them now.
We will need that drought been talked about to travel where they grow first though.

Last time we baled rushes we stacked maybe 50 bales in the field and burned them and other 50 came home for bedding . Made some job of the field in question to get the cut rushes off considering the volume of them that was there .
I know of plenty lads who used rushes when straw was reasonably priced. Last ones baled here a few years ago were all dumped. Definitely wouldn't be dumping them now.
We will need that drought been talked about to travel where they grow first though.

Back