Todays Photo

Is that an ash tree? They are notorious for being shallow rooted. There's one back home growing in the hedge about 6' above a ditch and some of the roots have grown under the ditch and back up to just below the ground on the other side. Plough up ash roots going round the headlands every year.

It's not an ash I think it's a sycamore , I'm not great with tree names tbh

Reactions: Paw
It's not an ash I think it's a sycamore , I'm not great with tree names tbh
Can't really tell from the photo but the leaves don't look big enough to be sycamore.
Ash
White_Ash_leaves_only_USDA.jpg

Sycamore
Acer+pseudoplatanus+L+Sycamore+maple+leaf.JPG

Had this to load muck with today, can't say I've seen one like it before with the lift rams on the side pushing backwards. Remarkably good condition for its age.
View attachment 79474 View attachment 79476

Was it a hot day,,, bet you were glad the air con was working,,,,, ,harvesting black currants with a neighbour last year (late June July early August,) chief bin loader with one of them,, after being spoiled on the latest es JCB loaders woth joystick and direction co trol etc it was an experience,, I'd have to say, and the brakes were shot, and the boom would drop slowly while traveling, and the fan didn't work, or the radio,
Suffice to say say loader is now confined to doing nowt at a local wood yard and Derek has a 3 year old JCB loadall from your man in Powys mmmmm mr mellor I think,

Have you retreated indoors yet?

I took this around 7.30. It will take a sup more rain to end scarcity.
View attachment 79511
Aye I landed in at 7 on the dot,,,,,,,just in time to put the young lad to bed myself. She copped me relaxing outside and er asked me to come in :rolleyes2:. Apparently chatting to other farmers online doesn't count as work :laugh:.
It's still raining here.

Last edited:
Read elsewhere that that rubbish contained bags of human shit, dirty nappies and “sanitary items"

Read elsewhere that that rubbish contained bags of human shit, dirty nappies and “sanitary items"

That's about right, the daughter lives in Hearn which is on the edge of Bournemouth she says the traffic there and general amount of people have been horrendous lately, people are parking any where and just doing buses or taxis to the beach ,,, her next door neighbour is a city council worker he says they are worked no flat out nights just keep,up,with the RUBBISH,

Reactions: Paw
Unreal isn't it.
I'm glad Wales has stuck to it's guns.
I was driving through a town on the Lleyn Peninsula today, to view some cattle, and the town would usually be packed with tourists and hard to get through in the car. Was like a ghost town. Depressing to see all the caravan parks and whatnot closed but necessary I think. It would have been the same story there otherwise.

Unreal isn't it.
I'm glad Wales has stuck to it's guns.
I was driving through a town on the Lleyn Peninsula today, to view some cattle, and the town would usually be packed with tourists and hard to get through in the car. Was like a ghost town. Depressing to see all the caravan parks and whatnot closed but necessary I think. It would have been the same story there otherwise.
my old man and i were driving through bantry today. its as if the virus doesnt even exist out there. town was packed, farmers market i think was on and cos of tourists, cars absolutely everywhere

Reactions: AYF
Back