Todays Photo

Get a nurse tank or dig a small hole near the pump for the tankers to dump n go

For the amount of times I will do it I wouldn't bother.
That system works perfect if there's enough tankers drawing and there not meeting eachother on the road
Silage trailer with a pipe up over the side to hook the the tankers too and a valve on the front corner to hook the pump to seems to be the way to go now

That trailer / one identical is gone to a outfit near here .
Silage trailer with a pipe up over the side to hook the the tankers too and a valve on the front corner to hook the pump to seems to be the way to go now

Hole in the ground works well with the lad that pumps mine
He has 1 or 3 big dairy units renting ground a fair way from the main unit
The tankers just reverse to the hole dump n go no pipes to mess with

Have drawn a slurry to the hole in the ground to be spread with the pipes work`s well . But definitely not legal .

I have a six metre hook lift grain body. How many 3000 gallon tankers would it hold and what fittings would it need for a pump.

I have a six metre hook lift grain body. How many 3000 gallon tankers would it hold and what fittings would it need for a pump.
Spread at a farm where they have an artic trailer in one block of land for if it won't travel it holds 3 loads comfortably but wouldn't hold 4. A 3000g tanker will be around 13.5m³ so assuming that your bin is 8ft wide and 8ft tall it would take 2.5 loads. At 6ft high and 8ft wide it wouldn't quite hold 2 loads

Hole in the ground works well with the lad that pumps mine
He has 1 or 3 big dairy units renting ground a fair way from the main unit
The tankers just reverse to the hole dump n go no pipes to mess with

I’ve thought of various things over the years,pillow tanks,hooklift bins,shipping containers etc

I’m just going to dig a hole ,might end up holding a million gallons by the time I’m done.

I’ve thought of various things over the years,pillow tanks,hooklift bins,shipping containers etc

I’m just going to dig a hole ,might end up holding a million gallons by the time I’m done.
You wouldn't get away with that around here :nono:. Would need to be lined and planning permission not likely given even at that

Went for a walk up to the Carrig of Kyle. I remember the woods being Scots pine and being cut and replanted . The replanted ones suffered wind blow and were cleared and replanted again. I have seen three different plantings on this site. Not sure what the tanker is about. Maybe once a day milking gives him time to launder diesel .

Attachments

• 2734F8A7-AB65-4FE0-A1C3-BFAB8606BF3E.jpeg
    2734F8A7-AB65-4FE0-A1C3-BFAB8606BF3E.jpeg
    310.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 671BD6F2-7444-4EDA-BB9E-ABD57A1021B6.jpeg
    671BD6F2-7444-4EDA-BB9E-ABD57A1021B6.jpeg
    437.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 8F1B1A54-154F-4CEA-AB0E-3CD3E677F5D2.jpeg
    8F1B1A54-154F-4CEA-AB0E-3CD3E677F5D2.jpeg
    231.6 KB · Views: 93
Back