Tractor batteries

Have a battery here that has 2 years warranty on it, the yoke it was in got little use truth be told for the first year with the new battery & no use then for 6months.

Batteries now dead.does warranty only cover if your using it regularly for them 2years & keeping it charged up that way.

Have a battery here that has 2 years warranty on it, the yoke it was in got little use truth be told for the first year with the new battery & no use then for 6months.

Batteries now dead.does warranty only cover if your using it regularly for them 2years & keeping it charged up that way.
A dealer will now send the battery back to the supplier for analysis and they will know by the levels of sulphate in the battery how its been stored. I'd usually charge the combine battery in January to keep it topped up, would usually run the engine for ten mins in the springtime too.

A dealer will now send the battery back to the supplier for analysis and they will know by the levels of sulphate in the battery how its been stored. I'd usually charge the combine battery in January to keep it topped up, would usually run the engine for ten mins in the springtime too.
Dealer charges the battery and they have a tester that will tell them if the battery is dead.
That's it

Dealer charges the battery and they have a tester that will tell them if the battery is dead.
That's it
The JCB battery failed at 18 months and main dealer sent it away but gave me a replacement stating if the supplier found no fault of their own I'd get a bill for the replacement. Got a bill a month later, last time I buy a battery from them. In fairness most batteries last a long time here, I have a heavy load discharge tester myself but dealer wouldn't even bother testing it. Win win for them. Never got the old one back as scrap either, who knows where it ever went.

Has anyone had successful claims on a battery warranty?

Yes. Twice. For the one purchase. The nice lady in Halfords more or less said don’t come back again. Bosch or yuasa (can’t remember) 5 year warranty. Hard to beat. And they are great batteries it’s just that one was neglected /left connected and discharged itself in a parked up vehicle as was its replacement hence the second warranty claim.

The JCB battery failed at 18 months and main dealer sent it away but gave me a replacement stating if the supplier found no fault of their own I'd get a bill for the replacement. Got a bill a month later, last time I buy a battery from them. In fairness most batteries last a long time here, I have a heavy load discharge tester myself but dealer wouldn't even bother testing it. Win win for them. Never got the old one back as scrap either, who knows where it ever went.
I worked in a place that used supply a shit load of battery's.
Especially to say small tyre centres and mechanics.
Battery fails bring it back we charged them and then tested them printed off the test and the suppler would then come down once a month and take away the ones that we claimed failed under warranty.

Battery fails bring it back we charged them and then tested them printed off the test and the suppler would then come down once a month and take away the ones that we claimed failed under warranty

Battery fails bring it back we charged them and then tested them printed off the test and the suppler would then come down once a month and take away the ones that we claimed failed under warranty.
That would be a fair way to do it.

Had that happen a couple of times ie battery fail within warranty period .
Brought them back ,got a replacement on the understanding that if the battery failed for some reason not covered under warranty would have to pay for the replacement .
Haven't had to pay for one yet .
They were bought from local motorfactors ,not the cheapest but bit easier to deal with someone you know than an employee of a nationwide chain or large retailer .
He told me that the defunct batteries are collected once a month ,tested and he gets a credit for the ones covered under warranty .

Get almost all our parts from local motorfactor and never had a problem getting them replaced if inside the warranty. Usually 2 years. To be fair havent had that many fail altogether inside the 2 years.

Get almost all our parts from local motorfactor and never had a problem getting them replaced if inside the warranty. Usually 2 years. To be fair havent had that many fail altogether inside the 2 years.

Same here,only had one fail that wasn’t my fault but replaced without a problem.

Had a Varta fail several years ago after only 3 months so I took it back. The motor factors were adamant it wasn't bolloxed and insisted it just needed a good charge. 3 days later it still wasn't charged and a quick test of the load discharge tester thing flattened it again. I got a refund of my money and got a Yuasa battery instead for less money and it lasted up to last year at a ripe old age of 10.

i haven,t had to claim for a battery but i,ve been told that if a battery fails after 1 year and the warranty is for 2 years you,ll get a new battery for half price as you,ve had a years use out of it , as i say s/h information

i haven,t had to claim for a battery but i,ve been told that if a battery fails after 1 year and the warranty is for 2 years you,ll get a new battery for half price as you,ve had a years use out of it , as i say s/h information
Not the case here. If its inside the 2 years its a new battery no questions asked (After a load test). Doesnt even need to be a top brand have had a cheaper one exchanged no problem.

I have a 3 or 4 663 battery's working 3 battery fencers . The 5 year old battery out of granny's Fiesta isn't worth using ..
I took back one earlier this year , got a similar replacement, to be charged to my account , and refunded if distributor was satisfied , which ultimately they were.
Now the battery was about 20 months old , at time of claim , so it was explained to me , that there was only 4 months warranty on 2nd battery .ie whatever warranty that was left on 1st battery

I have a 3 or 4 663 battery's working 3 battery fencers . The 5 year old battery out of granny's Fiesta isn't worth using ..
I took back one earlier this year , got a similar replacement, to be charged to my account , and refunded if distributor was satisfied , which ultimately they were.
Now the battery was about 20 months old , at time of claim , so it was explained to me , that there was only 4 months warranty on 2nd battery .ie whatever warranty that was left on 1st battery
Yeah they try that here too
2 year from original purchase

Back