Tractors & Machinery at Work Pics.

Mark Troy Agri Services - Claas Jaguar 990, JCB 457S & 435S, Fendt, Massey, New Holland & Broughan - Silage May 2023
🚜

Subscribe to the YouTube Channel for more videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCipYha3c5cpr_jwRbfJJZEg

Mark Troy Agri Services - Claas Jaguar 990, JCB 457S & 435S, Fendt, Massey, New Holland & Broughan - Silage May 2023
🚜

Subscribe to the YouTube Channel for more videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCipYha3c5cpr_jwRbfJJZEg

Just my opinion now but having that sort of HP in a harvester to race around the field on 30ft rows is highly inefficient and hard on operators, carting 16 ton of harvester around when it could pick 50ft at a lesser speed = reduced idle time on headlands an less power wasted moving the harvester and attending trailers at speed.

Just my opinion now but having that sort of HP in a harvester to race around the field on 30ft rows is highly inefficient and hard on operators, carting 16 ton of harvester around when it could pick 50ft at a lesser speed = reduced idle time on headlands an less power wasted moving the harvester and attending trailers at speed.
Only way it can slow down is when the tractors have to slow down on the hills. And also many a trailer had been capsized over the years

I just don't think it can be efficient either to have all that horsepower on a small enough pit. The loaders look to be nearly getting in one another's way. Cant be a good finished pit either if they have to almost stay in their own half.
Must be a bit to be said for having two handy outfits rather than one massive harvester, most yards are too small to cope.

I just don't think it can be efficient either to have all that horsepower on a small enough pit. The loaders look to be nearly getting in one another's way. Cant be a good finished pit either if they have to almost stay in their own half.
Must be a bit to be said for having two handy outfits rather than one massive harvester, most yards are too small to cope.
Easy, the crowd here didn’t take nicely to me talking about efficiency of having 2 loaders on the pit last year. If anything from what I can see, one loader and good operative would be doing a better job than the two

How much of that is put in for the camera?

I'd hate to hit a stone or some metal at the speed they are doing with the harvester...

And on that note, speed in the field is gonna reflect amount of trailers needed to keep him going and the speed that is going on the road

925 hp to pick 30 ft rows is ridiculous I think, my dearly departed JD maxed at 570hp and was well able for 30 ft rows if the grass was any way dry, wet grass sucks a bit more power so having trailers trying to go a mad speed in the heavier going is a waste of fuel, is Troys grass rowed up or 30's straight out of a Big M, reason I ask is he would need 2 X 30 ft rakes to keep ahead where one 4 rotor rake would calm the whole operation down.

Back