Trailed furrow press

Sorry,but way way too heavy for the front of a tractor,have had several cousins ones here and lifted them with teleporter and she will lift 4 tonne,and she would know all about lifting one of them.
I was thinking that but I was being over optimistic. What kinda weight do ye reckon the one @towbar has?

I was thinking that but I was being over optimistic. What kinda weight do ye reckon the one @towbar has?
Mine is somewhere between 1.5 and 2t probably loose about 250kg when you take off the wheels etc if anything you’d be adding weights

Its a 26" ring found it on an old post here - there is one ring broken on the outisde

There is a carrier bearing in the middle - on the road its carried on the wheels road wheels so it can support its own weight its a 50mm shaft.

Its a 26" ring found it on an old post here - there is one ring broken on the outisde

There is a carrier bearing in the middle - on the road its carried on the wheels road wheels so it can support its own weight its a 50mm shaft.
Good stuff, thanks, I'll tell the engineer and see what he thinks

Was it a 5m press you were looking for @DCol
It was, seen that a few days ago. 900 rings and all, wouldn't have guessed there was one that size in the country.

rumour has it he going to fabricate a 5m....... well thats what his father said......
Rumors are swirling yea, did a bit of drawing in the dust on the floor and reckon it's a good shot of work, leaning towards a new dalbo at the moment, the tams helps.

Went for a look today, very nice. The place that it was in didn't help my metal disease, unreal gear.
They have a good operation going and mind the gear savage well in fairness.
You should have dropped over to @MF30 for the tae.

They have a good operation going and mind the gear savage well in fairness.
You should have dropped over to @MF30 for the tae.
Serious operation, everything meticulously looked after. Tay and Afternoon Tea biscuits are not on the new year resolution diet...

Thanks, yea discs as well, likely never get the opportunity for a set like it again, especially with what a new set costs

Thanks, hopefully will do a good job for the spring sowing and the forced stubble scratching after the harvest

The discs were a bit of a no brainer I thought. It's rare to say it nowadays but they looked like very good value for a "mainstream" brand especially compared to a 3m set.

Well wear @DCol , you got good items there.

I know those people well, ultra straight people and professional.

The discs were a bit of a no brainer I thought. It's rare to say it nowadays but they looked like very good value for a "mainstream" brand especially compared to a 3m set.
Exactly yea, new set of discs put on the front row now.
Well wear @DCol , you got good items there.

I know those people well, ultra straight people and professional.
Sure did, very happy with them, exactly what we were looking for and the discs were a bonus. Had great chats with both generations there.

Back