Use it or lose it

Mike

Stumbled across Countryfile last night and they were talking about schools, shops, post office's, pubs etc closing down in small villages. Seems a shame.
Is it a case that the local small shop is just too expensive? One woman (in a village where the shop is only barely hanging on) claimed there were enough people in the locality to sustain it, but they just weren't using it.

Will they regret this when the local shop or pub is gone? :001_unsure:

yup folk go to the local shop for milk and bread,then use the supermarket for their main shop then moan when the local shop closes.due to the fact it is unsustainable to just sell milk and bread:001_rolleyes:

not just cars frezers make a big diffrence too
people working in bigger towns getting there shopping other services doc's spanner men etc etc ..
town i used to live in even the pubs shut now (partly the landlords doing ) but only thing left is a cafe a craft shop and a fossle musum
yea it is a case of use it or lose it but if the demand is not there the shop owners realy need to look hard at there biz

not just cars frezers make a big diffrence too
people working in bigger towns getting there shopping other services doc's spanner men etc etc ..
town i used to live in even the pubs shut now (partly the landlords doing ) but only thing left is a cafe a craft shop and a fossle musum
yea it is a case of use it or lose it but if the demand is not there the shop owners realy need to look hard at there biz

"town i used to live in even the pubs shut now"

Obviously couldn' servive without your patronage:lol::lol:

"and a fossle musum"

your ancestors ??:lol::lol:

Pub in our Village closed just over 3 years ago while I was on honeymoon :thumbdown::thumbdown:

I wonder if they could see into my future an saw there profits about to
colapse :crying:

Still got a pub but shop/postoffice/butchers been for sale for 3 years. One wonders what will happen. Garage has given up on selling petrol now only sells dodgy secondhand motors. Used to have 2 pubs 2 shops and the garage for 600 odd people all selling booze (says something really).

Cheers BB

Back