What are you up to in the workshop?

Those tyres fairly set her off there!

What model is that? 8130?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea she looks the part now just need to get the front mudgaurds sorted, going to have to make them swivel as there aint room for them to turn with having the front linkage rails running down the side of the engine:thumbdown: ah well:weld: time
yes its a 8130 goes very well does 50k aswell;)

Those red rock bearings are all the same, only longer on the heavier duty machines.

there are three different lths of them.
he didnt say which pump he had so i cant say what size it is on his machine.

I'm not actually sure what model she is, there is no serial plate on her.

She'd be the guts of 30 years old at this stage but I'd have a feeling she is just the standard flow model.

I'm not actually sure what model she is, there is no serial plate on her.

She'd be the guts of 30 years old at this stage but I'd have a feeling she is just the standard flow model.

in that case there was a toothed belt type and a wooden bearing as well that fitted them.

in that case there was a toothed belt type and a wooden bearing as well that fitted them.

I think it was a rubber bearing in her in the first place.

I've sent redrock a quick email to see what they come up with.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423777725.274946.jpg

This lot arrived from Redrock today after ordering yesterday lunchtime.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423777775.865057.jpg

The bearing the mechanic had fitted was completely wrong!
The new one wasn't easy fitted, not a bad complaint though as it means the shaft isn't worn.

Now to get the red parts on her painted up.

View attachment 26352

View attachment 26353

The new one wasn't easy fitted, not a bad complaint though as it means the shaft isn't worn.

The black one in your pic would look similiar to what`s used in the cross agitator . Is there a sleeve on the shaft of the agitator or is it one thickness for it`s entire lenght ?

The black bearing is what's in the hispec here anyway. The first bearing wore a flat spot in it some how while the rest of it was perfect?! Replaced it but wasn't over impressed with how tight it was but it's working away so It'll not bother me enough to tackle it!

View attachment 26352

View attachment 26353

have see. black bearing in a couple of agitators (plantmec and nc) havnt seen red one before

The black one in your pic would look similiar to what`s used in the cross agitator . Is there a sleeve on the shaft of the agitator or is it one thickness for it`s entire lenght ?

The shaft had a sleeve, which was part of the impeller that increased the diameter of the shaft at the bottom.

The black bearing is what's in the hispec here anyway. The first bearing wore a flat spot in it some how while the rest of it was perfect?! Replaced it but wasn't over impressed with how tight it was but it's working away so It'll not bother me enough to tackle it!

have see. black bearing in a couple of agitators (plantmec and nc) havnt seen red one before

I phoned Redrock and asked which bearing I should be looking for to suit their pump bad he goes the one we have on the shelf here. The bearing was £18+VAT and carriage which I thought was reasonable enough.

I hadn't seen the red one anywhere before either was always the black. The red is a good bit stiffer and about 40mm longer too.

I phoned Redrock and asked which bearing I should be looking for to suit their pump bad he goes the one we have on the shelf here. The bearing was £18+VAT and carriage which I thought was reasonable enough.

I hadn't seen the red one anywhere before either was always the black. The red is a good bit stiffer and about 40mm longer too.

the black one is for older pumps, it came out round the time that the wooden ones stopped, its basically a mat with teeth that you roll up and stuff down the pipe, but it was a sh1te bearing at the best of the times.
the red one there is better tack, thicker wall and lasts a good while longer.
but as you have learned, they arent all the same and only the right thing fits.
personally, i wouldnt be going back to your mechanic again if thats his style.

The shaft had a sleeve, which was part of the impeller that increased the diameter of the shaft at the bottom.

Similar to the cross so . The cross here had the sleeve start spinning on the shaft ended up wearing the shaft and not the bearing. Turned out it was a problem on some of there agitators the sleeve hadn't been welded to the impeller.

Get busy living or get busy dying.

the black one is for older pumps, it came out round the time that the wooden ones stopped, its basically a mat with teeth that you roll up and stuff down the pipe, but it was a sh1te bearing at the best of the times.
the red one there is better tack, thicker wall and lasts a good while longer.
but as you have learned, they arent all the same and only the right thing fits.
personally, i wouldnt be going back to your mechanic again if thats his style.

Aye the quality of the red bearing is an awful lot better than the the black one that came out. The black one that came out didn't have any wear at all so it's obvious that it was clearly wrong the day it went in.

That's what my thoughts are on this, it was always a case of dad just let him work away at it, He never bothered to tackle anything himself. Since I've started working at bits myself it may take me longer to get it sorted but at the end of the day I know that it's done right. I wouldn't dare let him at the 390 orbital unit because it would definitely be a case of needing a new one! Which is why I chose to let the dealer work away.

There's a lot to be said for being able to fix or maintain your own equipment, at least partially. Sometimes it's just a case of knowing when to get the sledge and when not to!

There's a lot to be said for being able to fix or maintain your own equipment, at least partially. Sometimes it's just a case of knowing when to get the sledge and when not to!

The real trick is knowing which size and weight of sledge to use..........
:lol::whistle:

Back