What are you up to in the workshop?

Try john conaty. He'll either be able to get dromone to make one or he'll have a good unused second hand one in the yard. He has everything bellow. Could make 100 different tractors from scratch.
He has nothing in yard was chatting him surprising he was very good on phone. He said he might be able to get mine refurbed. Dromone has one to suit a case cs 100 its 1975€ plus vat

He has nothing in yard was chatting him surprising he was very good on phone. He said he might be able to get mine refurbed. Dromone has one to suit a case cs 100 its 1975€ plus vat
Very lucky then so, suppose if its second hand parts he's in his element, probably one of the best in the country for them. John would be good now with his refurbishing of tractors, diggers and parts ect, never heard of any hitches he's redone but most of his other stuff seems to be good. I suppose in the end it all comes down to what kind of job he does to the hitch and how safe it is. I wonder would dromone be able to do anything with the old hitch.

My brother lost a trailer while tipping on the 399,drawbar came up through the sunroof and picked the back wheels in the air,he sh1t himself and jumped off with it still in gear.🙄

My brother lost a trailer while tipping on the 399,drawbar came up through the sunroof and picked the back wheels in the air,he sh1t himself and jumped off with it still in gear.🙄
If it was law for a safety chain to be fitted, would this prevent the drawbar entering the cab area? Something to bear in mind for anyone with less than perfect hitches and trailer ring.

If it was law for a safety chain to be fitted, would this prevent the drawbar entering the cab area? Something to bear in mind for anyone with less than perfect hitches and trailer ring.
Isn't that the reason now trailers are supposed to or recommended anyway to be safety chained low to the hitch instead of to the toplink.

A bar on the link arms or an A frame would be a help,newer hitches are far safer,I missed opening the trailer tailgate fully and grass jammed,it picked the 6430 up onto its nose but never came off the hitch.👍

Isn't that the reason now trailers are supposed to or recommended anyway to be safety chained low to the hitch instead of to the toplink.
Maybe so, even the toplink should help keep it low enough in the event of detachment.

The ones with the worn hitches and ring eyes are also the ones that are most likely to use a safety chain to comply when on road whereas newer kit will have a breakaway system or air brakes, the flip side of the coin is there is no legal requirement for a chain or breakaway system once used off road

Dad has the notion of a cordless angle grinder. 4 inch.

I see a body only brushed motor machine is about half the price of digital.

Is digital all that?
I used the neighbours brushed one, and did think it under powered and a bit disappointing, but it's a good age and well abused! Would have been fine for polishing steel to weld and so on, I had it curring a very heavy bar tbh!
Is a digital more powerful?

It'd most likely be a Hitatchi (Hikoki now) as we have a drill by them.

Might buy one with a single battery, so that we have 3.

I got the g18dbal brushless one as a bare tool for €240 back in October as I have an 18v hitachi drill aswell and thought it’ll only be used now and again but I find my self reaching for it most times I’m in the shed doing something now. It probably isn’t as powerful as the likes of a top end Milwaukee but it suits what I need

Reactions: AYF

I have both the 18v brushed 4" and a 36v brushless 5" hitachi/hikoki.
The 18v 4" is ok for light work, it was a godsend when on the tractor away from the yard, but I use to never use it in the workshop.
The 36v 5" is now the only grinder I use, I haven't plugged in the 4.5" corded grinder since I got it, a great bit of kit.

I have both the 18v brushed 4" and a 36v brushless 5" hitachi/hikoki.
The 18v 4" is ok for light work, it was a godsend when on the tractor away from the yard, but I use to never use it in the workshop.
The 36v 5" is now the only grinder I use, I haven't plugged in the 4.5" corded grinder since I got it, a great bit of kit.

That's interesting. Do you not find them awkward and heavy with the big battery hanging off the back?

I have a bosch 18v brushed 4.5 and it's fierce handy for quick jobs, but if I was doing any real fabrication I'd have the metabo and bosch corded grinders out, I find the balance so much nicer.

I probably use the cordless one more than the other two purely on the basis of picking it up, cutting a bolt or a bit of steel and putting it down again convenience, but for any real amount of work I don't like the weight.

That's interesting. Do you not find them awkward and heavy with the big battery hanging off the back?

I have a bosch 18v brushed 4.5 and it's fierce handy for quick jobs, but if I was doing any real fabrication I'd have the metabo and bosch corded grinders out, I find the balance so much nicer.

I probably use the cordless one more than the other two purely on the basis of picking it up, cutting a bolt or a bit of steel and putting it down again convenience, but for any real amount of work I don't like the weight.
I don't do much fabrication, as I am a useless welder, but for big jobs the 9" grinder or the chopsaw would be used, I just don't use the corded 4.5" grinder at all anymore.
I find them very well balanced and way handier because you don't have to keep an eye on the cord getting snagged on anything or cutting it.

I actually kinda like the bit of weight but it’s only a 3amp battery I have on the end, I find it kind of balances the grinder quite nicely.
Skinny blades are nearly a must for cutting with them though but obviously extra care definitely needed with them!

Skinnies for everything!!! you know you can get them in 9 inch format now? (not as skinny, but skinnier)

I'd say 1 in 10 or maybe 20 discs I buy are standard thickness anymore.

Milwaukee 4.5 inch 18v fuel grinder animal of a grinder id rarely plug in the corded bosh since i got this.
Where is the best place to buy that exact spec on line? My son bought one recently in a shop locally and I find it very handy but would like to see if it could be got any cheaper.

Back