What are you up to in the workshop?

Oh cock!

Thankfully it happened early in the day and I was able to get a replacement before places closed up.

Wouldn't be many hours on that track rod but a lot of them have been hard hours to be fair, the loader does get some abuse and the whole steering is off that one joint

Attachments

• PXL_20230211_094600707.jpg
    PXL_20230211_094600707.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 133
Oh cock!

Thankfully it happened early in the day and I was able to get a replacement before places closed up.

Wouldn't be many hours on that track rod but a lot of them have been hard hours to be fair, the loader does get some abuse and the whole steering is off that one joint

Spurious or genuine as a matter of interest.

Sparex, about 15 years old but only a few hundred hours.

Replacement was QTP so lord knows how that'll cope. Would have liked a genuine but needed it.🤞
Would the only thing 'genuine' be the box though, if NH etc are bringing in filters from China, I cant see them been overly picky about where a ball joint for a 4000 comes from.
And the same could be said for most makes I would think.

Would the only thing 'genuine' be the box though, if NH etc are bringing in filters from China, I cant see them been overly picky about where a ball joint for a 4000 comes from.
I suppose all you can do is hope it'll be the best option. Sparex is CNH isn't it? So unlikely to be much different I suppose.

Stunts like this with 11 inch tyres is kinda taking the piss to be fair to the joint.

Attachments

• PXL_20230207_164202905.jpg
    PXL_20230207_164202905.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 95
I suppose all you can do is hope it'll be the best option. Sparex is CNH isn't it? So unlikely to be much different I suppose.

Stunts like this with 11 inch tyres is kinda taking the piss to be fair to the joint.
I cringe when I think of the things I did with a 4600 in my youth. 14 bales of silage or 10t of grain flat out on the road kinda stuff.

That joint would probably the least stressed component with that load! As long as the tractor is moving either forwards or backwards while turning the steering wheel everything should work within its limits.

Something I've been thinking of regarding China.

Surely it is possible to get good gear manufactured there, as long as you spec it that way? And have good eyes on the quality control.

Something I've been thinking of regarding China.

Surely it is possible to get good gear manufactured there, as long as you spec it that way? And have good eyes on the quality control.
Without a doubt I would say, otherwise established successful companies (like stihl, apple etc) wouldn’t be out there

Doing the brakes in a tractor for the brother. BDDD7797-36AD-4112-B847-0086583166A7.jpeg
Anyone got an idea on how to wash out the back end of a tractor. Oil that came out was poor white in colour . Has a left a white scum on the gears . Thinking of a mix of oil and diesel give it a quick spin and drain it and change the filters again
. 5C27AAAC-C613-416F-999A-A76054E350FF.jpeg

Back