New tractor

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvxv-ibkzN8"]Spreading slurry - YouTube[/ame]

ah here, your taking the piss now......:D

christ, id be out in the field and back to the tank before you made it to the end of yer yard...:scared:

i dont think i ever seen as many sheds at a farm in all my life.
as said, ye should do up maps...:lol:

That is some farm!! Not short of slurry stores either! Id say you would be sick of the sight of slurry and the 3000 gallon tanker before youd have the 1/4 of that out!!

That is some farm!! Not short of slurry stores either! Id say you would be sick of the sight of slurry and the 3000 gallon tanker before youd have the 1/4 of that out!!

There's 2 x 500,000 gallon stores and one 1,000,000 gallon store there and 2 x500,000 gallon ones at the other farm, there is a 3000 gallon Nc tanker as well but they are never stopped hardly.

There's 2 x 500,000 gallon stores and one 1,000,000 gallon store there and 2 x500,000 gallon ones at the other farm, there is a 3000 gallon Nc tanker as well but they are never stopped hardly.

That serious slurry to haul!! Sorry if youv been asked before but what kind of cow numbers do yous have to need all that???

I was hoping there would be another tanker, Id say you would never run out of work, suppose its a case of any time your not at other jobs you draw slurry!!

That serious slurry to haul!! Sorry if youv been asked before but what kind of cow numbers do yous have to need all that???

I was hoping there would be another tanker, Id say you would never run out of work, suppose its a case of any time your not at other jobs you draw slurry!!

There's 850 milkers on slats then some of the young stock and dry cows are on slats aswell so probably 1100 on slats in total. The guy with thst 6930 probably spends 75% of its time hauling slurry and the rest of us have a go when needed, the second farm is pretty well suited to the umbilical cord so it gets used a bit there and we're also going to dig in an underground main under a road so it's easier to use at the main farm as well.

Spreading slurry - YouTube

ah here, your taking the piss now......:D

christ, id be out in the field and back to the tank before you made it to the end of yer yard...:scared:

i dont think i ever seen as many sheds at a farm in all my life.
as said, ye should do up maps...:lol:

Not meaning to make it worse but theres another three big sheds that you dont see in the video.

Was out rolling this morning and caught up with the plough this afternoon.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD9gLQreZG8"]Rolling and ploughing - YouTube[/ame]

Todays job widening and levelling gateways. The new tractor was involved, it was on the dump trailer.

Got bored with the weekend off this morning and was looking at google maps, copied the most recent view of the steading and added the newer sheds to give you an idea of the layout, the additions arent the best but give an idea.

Seen them advertised in the Farmers Weekly, what are you going to use it for?

Too rough for grain is it not??

Seen them advertised in the Farmers Weekly, what are you going to use it for?

Too rough for grain is it not??

Yeah its to rough for grain, we've got a superior roller mill for the grain.

Bankville has it right, its for chopping straw before it goes in the feeder, been using a teagle dualchop recently but its upto 6-7 full size hesstons a day now so the teagle wasnt upto chopping and bedding.

Nice set up! what way have you left the chains for setting the height of the front mower? We set it up as the book. puts serious pressure on the keys. Need to watch the pins that come with the mower are like chocolate IMO. Is the deeres front linkage double acting or single? have you the mower set up that the arms lft aswell as the mower or just mower independant?

Nice looking rig lad . Neighbour has bought the same outfit this year except bought a mounted rear mower and getting it fitted with a swarther .

What model rear mounted. i thought Deere didnt have such a thing or is it an after market swarther. Those chains on the front are for a guideline only. wouldnt leave the mower sit with dead weight on em. be broken in no time

Back