Slurry agitator which one ??

bk1991

Has been on the list here for a good while with dad but has never been gotten . Since me fathers passing and me doing the farm and working full time it would be very handy to have an agitator to be able to agitate the slurry if and when needed and i have free time . Not that theres a big lot of thanks but the handness of not haveing to wait for the contractor . We already have slurry tank so not really interested in getting in contractor to do whole job . Bigest thank we have is 3 bays long 10ft deep 12 wide , power we have will be the cs 94 . We have used an nc agitator before and with enough water it managed no problem . Think it will have to be the flat type rather than the stand up version as 2 thanks are very hard to get into . Or is there any difference ??

I'd suggest one of these, http://www.redrockmachinery.com/machinery-tabs/super-flow , good output but easy enough driven so the CS 94 will cope, the impeller housing is tidy on them but make sure it's the superflow version, the standard version has a different gearbox and has less output, they are also made by Major, http://www.major-equipment.com/machinery/29/34/73/Agitator-Pumps/ again it's the super version, the Mega is a different animal.

Will look them both up . What money would i be looking at ?

Sorry to read about your late father bk1991, condolences to you and your family.

Thanks . Hes at peace now no suffering which is main thing .

I have a cross and a nc 3500 .If using round bales go for cross ,it is unblockable with big impeller .Cross not cheap ,agitator can be fitted with whatever gearbox to suit tractor pto power .Plenty of nc agitators popular second hand can be picked up for 2k + .every bit as good as cross

Had the contractors Nc3000 on the cs recentaly . Was under a bit of pressure but with pleanty of water in thanks which is needed anyway to have nice slurry to spread it had no problem . Noticed id only be able to get this kinda of model (the one where u have to have pto off for tank moveing ) cause we have akward manholes and doors to get in and out off . What should i be looking out for when buying ???

See a few on done deal for 1500€-2500€ .

Sorry for your loss Bk.

Out of interest lads. I have seen pictures of tanks with electric agitators.
Could such a thing be an option for Bk?
More day 1 perhaps. But no diesel to burn. Less wear and tear and less time? Safer too?
Could there even be a movable one? Drop in on a frame and leave it be. Move to next tank on the loader?

Or are the pics decieving and they are in fact big 3 phase lumps?! Ha.

Sorry for your loss Bk.

Out of interest lads. I have seen pictures of tanks with electric agitators.
Could such a thing be an option for Bk?
More day 1 perhaps. But no diesel to burn. Less wear and tear and less time? Safer too?
Could there even be a movable one? Drop in on a frame and leave it be. Move to next tank on the loader?

Or are the pics decieving and they are in fact big 3 phase lumps?! Ha.

All my agotation points are in the sheads .

I know nothing about slurry spreading or agitating other than my contractor puts 10 or 12 1600 gal tankers of water into my sheds every year. Are there agitators and REAL agitators that can do the job if HP to drive them is available. You hear of super and mega flow agitators but which ones do the job?

New nc super 3000 is 3900€ inc vat

If there's enough water in your tank a hour should mix it handy enough @ about €50 for the contractor without burning any of your own diesel. You will be along time seeing value out of your purchase.

I know nothing about slurry spreading or agitating other than my contractor puts 10 or 12 1600 gal tankers of water into my sheds every year. Are there agitators and REAL agitators that can do the job if HP to drive them is available. You hear of super and mega flow agitators but which ones do the job?
The biggest and most powerful pumps will do no better than the small ones if there isn't sufficient water but what they will do with sufficient water is mix to a greater distance and in less time if you have enough power to drive them.

If there's enough water in your tank a hour should mix it handy enough @ about €50 for the contractor without burning any of your own diesel. You will be along time seeing value out of your purchase.

Yes i can agree on this but main reason is for convience , When I'm looking for contractor it can take few days to come and usualy it never suits when he comes . As i work mon-fri I do my farm work evenings n weekends . If i have my own agitator i can mix and spread as i need and have time . Contractor comes and agitates the 4 thanks together and its hard to get it spread as quick .

Looks a fine job . On a side note does anyone rember an agitator a few years back . Was being marketed by a previous forum member who swears by valtras . It was an agitator with knives on the spout . Dont see any of them about

I believe,but could be wrong that the knives on the spout were his addition to the agitator he sold at the time.....seemed a good idea.

Back