case cvx's

Don't think that's possible tbh, it needs to go through the ranges as there's only a given speed range in the hydro. Pretty cruel on the clutches to expect it to go off at breakneck speed.:sad:
I thought it might be easier on them that's why I was wondering about it.

The 1170 has developed a knocking from the front left axle, only when turning left or right, he reckons 4-5 knocks per wheel revolution. I'm not anywhere near the tractor so can't give a first hand account but it'll be back in the yard later. Any thoughts gents? My solution was trade it in for a 240 but that got shot down....

The 1170 has developed a knocking from the front left axle, only when turning left or right, he reckons 4-5 knocks per wheel revolution. I'm not anywhere near the tractor so can't give a first hand account but it'll be back in the yard later. Any thoughts gents? My solution was trade it in for a 240 but that got shot down....
It'll be the carrier that supports the drive shaft, grab hold of the tube and you will be able to move it forward and back i expect. You’ll be able to see whats loose, might be in the cups that fit in the H shaped bracket. It will be obvious when you give it a wiggle anyway!!

I’m not keen on your solution either!!:sneaky:

For the last couple of years a TvT190 has been turning off the pto of its own accord.
You never can tell when it’ll turn itself off, but when it does, just restart the pto and away it goes again for a couple of hours...!

Main dealer reckons it’s the pto pack, but I don’t. New alternator fitted 18mts ago and no different. New pto speed sensor fitted and no change.
Took out the pto speed sensor today and noticed a bit of lateral play on the cogs behind...could that be the fault?
I’m told that the engine speed is read from the alternator and the pto speed is from the sensor. Any discrepancy between the two will automatically turn off the pto...so I’m thinking that it maybe the cog with the bit of play causing a false reading of pto speed iykwim?
Any ideas welcome because it’s on a fairly large mixer atm and it’s a pain if the pto stops with a good few ton in.

For the last couple of years a TvT190 has been turning off the pto of its own accord.
You never can tell when it’ll turn itself off, but when it does, just restart the pto and away it goes again for a couple of hours...!

Main dealer reckons it’s the pto pack, but I don’t. New alternator fitted 18mts ago and no different. New pto speed sensor fitted and no change.
Took out the pto speed sensor today and noticed a bit of lateral play on the cogs behind...could that be the fault?
I’m told that the engine speed is read from the alternator and the pto speed is from the sensor. Any discrepancy between the two will automatically turn off the pto...so I’m thinking that it maybe the cog with the bit of play causing a false reading of pto speed iykwim?
Any ideas welcome because it’s on a fairly large mixer atm and it’s a pain if the pto stops with a good few ton in.
I wouldn't think its the clutch either tbh, it would more than likely be slipping if it was losing pressure through the seals. Yes the engine speed is taken off the alternator but only for the rev counter. A discrepancy between the two?? How would that work with the different pto speeds, there would be several hundred revs difference between 540 and 1000 economy at the same engine revs. Lack of sensor signal is what knocks it out, I haven't any clearance figures for between sensor and gear but in the manual they make a point of stating its 40mm long like as if the length is important.
The steyr here will stop it if its idling slow in 540, give it hundred engine revs and it won't nor will it 540E no matter how slow its idling so that's likely to be to do with pulses from the sensor.

I wouldn't think its the clutch either tbh, it would more than likely be slipping if it was losing pressure through the seals. Yes the engine speed is taken off the alternator but only for the rev counter. A discrepancy between the two?? How would that work with the different pto speeds, there would be several hundred revs difference between 540 and 1000 economy at the same engine revs. Lack of sensor signal is what knocks it out, I haven't any clearance figures for between sensor and gear but in the manual they make a point of stating its 40mm long like as if the length is important.
The steyr here will stop it if its idling slow in 540, give it hundred engine revs and it won't nor will it 540E no matter how slow its idling so that's likely to be to do with pulses from the sensor.

It’s going on the dyno tomorrow just to be sure it’s not the clutch pack.

Yes the pto cuts out at low revs so I’ll mention that to the mechanic tomorrow.
The oil pressure to the pto pack was tested today and it’s fine.

I had a few close calls so far with mine and I'm wondering of its just all of them or mine.
When slowing down and stopping at say a roundabout she will stop and then go forward a foot or two.

I had a few close calls so far with mine and I'm wondering of its just all of them or mine.
When slowing down and stopping at say a roundabout she will stop and then go forward a foot or two.
Is this while using the brakes as well, as in braking to a stop then taking foot off brake pedal? Signal from the potentiometer on the foot pedal maybe? Bit of wear in the linkage that operates the hydro pump, not sure whether this would cause it though.

When a stepper motor gets very bad they will just keep moving slowly after a direction change, you need to use the clutch to stop them then.

Is this while using the brakes as well, as in braking to a stop then taking foot off brake pedal? Signal from the potentiometer on the foot pedal maybe? Bit of wear in the linkage that operates the hydro pump, not sure whether this would cause it though.

When a stepper motor gets very bad they will just keep moving slowly after a direction change, you need to use the clutch to stop them then.
It's like it wants to keep going for a second after you press the brake.
Direction change fine or when you going slow it's fine it's when your slowing to a stop from 59

Back