I'm Looking For...

Anyone know where I might find a second hand pillar box as per photo below? I need the one with both boxes, top for ESB meter and bottom for my own board. New ones available from a company in Kilkenny but very big bucks.
Its for an outside farm so need a secure box.
upload_2019-4-5_19-56-25.png

Anyone know where I might find a second hand pillar box as per photo below? I need the one with both boxes, top for ESB meter and bottom for my own board. New ones available from a company in Kilkenny but very big bucks.
Its for an outside farm so need a secure box.
View attachment 64530
can't help you but I have just been at the same job, 2 IP65 boxes cost €90 each, how much for the new steel one?

can't help you but I have just been at the same job, 2 IP65 boxes cost €90 each, how much for the new steel one?
The One in the photo is €944 new. Excellent piece of kit, very secure, stainless hinges, IP 44 rated but I was only budgeting approx half that money. I am a bit nervous that if I get a home made one fabricated the ESB could have issues(very fussy) and refuse to install the meter. Also by time I would get it fabricated and sent off for galv I might be up to the same money.
I have tried a few scrap yards etc but nothing like this around. I did find 8m Galv lighting poles for €120 which is good as I needed them too.

The One in the photo is €944 new. Excellent piece of kit, very secure, stainless hinges, IP 44 rated but I was only budgeting approx half that money. I am a bit nervous that if I get a home made one fabricated the ESB could have issues(very fussy) and refuse to install the meter. Also by time I would get it fabricated and sent off for galv I might be up to the same money.
I have tried a few scrap yards etc but nothing like this around. I did find 8m Galv lighting poles for €120 which is good as I needed them too.
I don't think they will accept IP44, they asked me to fit a minimum of IP55, had to be fitted to a concrete wall so I put a precast L section of silage pit wall in the ground, I have a plan to make a steel box that will drop down over the lot with lockable doors.

I don't think they will accept IP44, they asked me to fit a minimum of IP55, had to be fitted to a concrete wall so I put a precast L section of silage pit wall in the ground, I have a plan to make a steel box that will drop down over the lot with lockable doors.
That's good to know, I thought this box was meter ready. I will check with ESB before I buy anything.
I like your idea of the precast wall, I will eventually be building an entrance wall around my box too.
Thanks for the tip.

A pin and cone headstock to suit a 526-56 jcb. It’s only an idea but just wondering what kind of money they make and would it be worth my while changing.

A pin and cone headstock to suit a 526-56 jcb. It’s only an idea but just wondering what kind of money they make and would it be worth my while changing.

Should be in a breaker yard some place for smaller money than than 1000 squibs. I was looking for one for a different job and was quoted around the 500ish mark

Thanks. I’ve 4 implements to change as I had a pin and cone and there is a Q fit on the JCB so wondering will I change the brackets or change the headstock and sell the Q fit one then. The pin and cone are a tidier head.

I’m not a fan of pin and cone,if you don’t drop fully down the top rings get bent as it’s tipped.

Back