Truckin!

IMG-20211214-WA0000.jpg

The next investment. Would make a good body for a fertiliser spreader. 6x6 with a front linkage and all behind the bumper. A Virtual mars bar for anyone who can geuss what it was originally built for.

23F0875D-F490-49D6-B06F-3472ED4EBD5B.jpeg

Did anyone come across these dump trucks and trailers in Washington state, very long draw bars allow them to carry 32 tons over 9 axles where the front axle on the truck has to be at least 60 feet from the rear axle of the trailer.
Interesting setup.

@MeathMassey3 if u ever drive one of these DON’T over take a cyclist and pull in too early and leave him stuck between the truck and trailer…….

Last edited:
View attachment 101485

Did anyone come across these dump trucks and trailers in Washington state, very long draw bars allow them to carry 32 tons over 9 axles where the front axle on the truck has to be at least 60 feet from the rear axle of the trailer.
Interesting setup.

@MeathMassey3 if u ever drive one of these DON’T over take a cyclist and pull in too early and leave him stuck between the truck and trailer…….
Looks like a funny kind of setup, never seen anything like it before, what's the rules with pulling a dog trailer behind a tipper here. Used to see alot in Australia where they d pull a low loader with any of their plant on it and it would also allowed for them to load yolks into the tipper body, pretty smart outfit. Could catch them handy enough in between the the truck and trailer on that yolk.😂

A few lads around me with 8 wheeler tippers pulling low loaders with a 15 ton machine on the trailer.
From what I read, in Washington state to try and save bridges, with the long drawbar the truck is over the bridge before the trailer is on it, helps to spread the weight.

Would that not be somewhat mad, a V8 for a grab, plenty of straights over 500 now and lighter than the V8?
I was talking to a Scania fanatic lately and he said scania we’re moving away from the V8 and towards the straight 6 because of the weight of the V8 engine.

It's gone all together mad with the power outputs these days compared to yesteryear.
I would totally agree with you, back in the early eighties when I first drove a lorry it was a tandem axle D series Ford weighing 30 tons gross and a 127bhp engine. Bear in mind that back then the roads were nothing like what they are now.

I would totally agree with you, back in the early eighties when I first drove a lorry it was a tandem axle D series Ford weighing 30 tons gross and a 127bhp engine. Bear in mind that back then the roads were nothing like what they are now.
Roads were much better then

Back