Truckin!

Two new ones arrived in work a few weeks ago. Don’t actually have a picture of the DAF with its stickers on.
4398E3C7-963D-410B-B408-265F14FA4191.png
30B75539-0502-4275-A702-7B49FBEF38B4.jpeg
99404F4F-A59A-43FE-8A2E-81F41DFC1604.jpeg

It's a nice colour and a fine truck but for me the bull bar, Dutch headboard and the rest of the bling ruins it.
Less is more but each to their own I suppose.
I'm usually of the same opinion,I was quite impressed with this though.
It sounded like a couple of chinooks going up the drive.
How much might "pimp my ride" cost there on the above truck?

Around £13k for the stacks alone,think he said there on a 13 minute timer,can’t use them all the time.

Are the days of Scanias in white and green gone?
Was mostly white and red scanias they ran. There were 2 black ones too. Now there is only 1 scania running every day. There is 2 used as shunters. 6 Volvo 4 DAF and 2 Renault and the 1 scania. There is a green scania too but not on the road to often

Was mostly white and red scanias they ran. There were 2 black ones too. Now there is only 1 scania running every day. There is 2 used as shunters. 6 Volvo 4 DAF and 2 Renault and the 1 scania. There is a green scania too but not on the road to often
Redmond won't let that Scania go :lol:
:lol: :lol:

A refurb like that most have cost serious wedge. The lad looks a serious operator
Think he said 50k not sure if that’s plus or inl vat, either way a serious wedge is right, the owner bought it new and drove it himself so he had a attachment to the truck, but it would be v hard to justify otherwise.

met a neighbour last week driving a new scania 770 v8 and a 4 axle lowloader with hydraulic steering etc .was a very impressive outfit, with his coffee machine ,microwave and all the other creature comforts as he is rarely at home during the week, was a difficult one to swallow when he said it was costing more that 300k euro.hard to see how a company could keep going but as he said the extra ponies were very welcome especially going to some of the places the drilling rig and the tankers of chemicals needed for blasting

met a neighbour last week driving a new scania 770 v8 and a 4 axle lowloader with hydraulic steering etc .was a very impressive outfit, with his coffee machine ,microwave and all the other creature comforts as he is rarely at home during the week, was a difficult one to swallow when he said it was costing more that 300k euro.hard to see how a company could keep going but as he said the extra ponies were very welcome especially going to some of the places the drilling rig and the tankers of chemicals needed for blasting
A new fusion baler and a new 200hp tractor is close to 300k inl vat and it definitely won’t have a coffee machine.

It's frightening when you see it written down like that. What money lads are putting through their hands in one shape or another and so many with little enough to show for it at the end of the day
That's the thing though. Like cars, they don't own the machines, all financed. Long gone are the days of a lad actually trying to buy a machine with his own money

Back