A few Ford pics

and its not likely that this one is gonna break. Imagine the mess if it did though:scared:

Seen a ram break on an old 8x4 Hino tipping a load of lime...the driver hit the roof when it came down:lol:..imagine if yours broke with the 36 ton of stone tipped up...Id say I would hear the impact here in Sligo:laugh:

Seen a ram break on an old 8x4 Hino tipping a load of lime...the driver hit the roof when it came down:lol:..imagine if yours broke with the 36 ton of stone tipped up...Id say I would hear the impact here in Sligo:laugh:

I'd say the front weight block would end up on the bonnet or in the cab:laugh::scared:

The backend casting cracked on her and the ram came down on the back of cab apparently so a fair hop alright lesson learned never shunt a fully tipped load :laugh: it was a load of shale so god help ya if 36 ton came down on yours the drawbar would be the easiest fix out of the lot :laugh:

The backend casting cracked on her and the ram came down on the back of cab apparently so a fair hop alright lesson learned never shunt a fully tipped load :laugh: it was a load of shale so god help ya if 36 ton came down on yours the drawbar would be the easiest fix out of the lot :laugh:

Ah sure, a bit of quiksteel and she'd be tip top again:001_smile:

There is a tandem not far from me here and when it tipped up with its two double rams at the front it twisted seriously bad.

It has been in that yard for as long as I can remember - 20+ years.

It is a bit of a landmark so I am sure others on here have seen it too.

There is a tandem not far from me here and when it tipped up with its two double rams at the front it twisted seriously bad.

It has been in that yard for as long as I can remember - 20+ years.

It is a bit of a landmark so I am sure others on here have seen it too.

I think I know where you are on about. Was it a big load that did it or what?

You know who told me the story on it many moons ago - will have to refresh the memory......

How is the 6600 going?

Good Nash, just about to sandblast the cab now I think. All the windows and rubber out, so it's not a pretty sight at the moment.

Good Nash, just about to sandblast the cab now I think. All the windows and rubber out, so it's not a pretty sight at the moment.

That is good to hear, will be a late Christmas present so :lol:

Have you decided yet how to repair the cab in particular the right hand pillar or is BD looking after that for you too?

You won't be able to mucky it now any longer :laugh::thumbup1:

That is good to hear, will be a late Christmas present so :lol:

Have you decided yet how to repair the cab in particular the right hand pillar or is BD looking after that for you too?

You won't be able to mucky it now any longer :laugh::thumbup1:

Cut and weld is the only way to do it. He has the correct thickness of steel in stock, so should be no problem at all.:thumbup1:

8870 looks like an animal what kinda horses is she putting out??

Around 240 roughly at the shaft, puts it out at 2100rpm and 1550 rpm, with a little power bulge in between. She's putting out a little over 1300 NM of torque also, really needs to be pulled back a bit before she starts to pull.

Interested in what's involved in respraying a cab properly - it it a big job to strip down a cab like this? Might have to do it sometime in the future....

Interested in what's involved in respraying a cab properly - it it a big job to strip down a cab like this? Might have to do it sometime in the future....

I must get a few pics to post them up in a while, but it's not too bad to strip really, just tear out the trim (if there is any left) , remove all the glass and window rubbers, and the top of the cab also. If the cab is in a bad state like ours, it would be best to remove it entirely from the tractor, much easier to work on it at ground level.

Sprayed the oats this morning with the final disease spray, what glorious weather. Tramlines a bit moist still though:001_smile:

Attachments

• IMAG0153.jpg
    IMAG0153.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMAG0158.jpg
    IMAG0158.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 77
Sprayed the oats this morning with the final disease spray, what glorious weather. Tramlines a bit moist still though:001_smile:

They are looking very well there and have stretched just nicely. Oats do look very well this spring I must say.

I don't know how it is wet on your "boy's" land - no muck sticking to the wheels at home anyway from what I was told.

You need to get a 600l sprayer for the 4100 to match my "Bateman" :D:D:lol::whistling:

They are looking very well there and have stretched just nicely. Oats do look very well this I must say.

I don't know how it is wet on your "boy's" land - no muck sticking to the wheels at home anyway from what I was told.

You need to get a 600l sprayer for the 4100 to match my "Bateman" :D:D:lol::whistling:

Only some of the tramlines in the winter cereals are a bit wet. They are fairly hardened in by now so the water does not drain away too well.
Hopefully wont have to use a mounted one again Nash, too much hassle putting em on and off me thinks:001_smile:

Only some of the tramlines in the winter cereals are a bit wet. They are fairly hardened in by now so the water does not drain away too well.
Hopefully wont have to use a mounted one again Nash, too much hassle putting em on and off me thinks:001_smile:

Should have thought more before I typed :rolleyes: - know what you mean now.

Driving through that now, do you reckon as good as last year?

Don't be rubbing it in about mounted ones now Skimmer :lol::lol:

I can get a free loan of a trailed one here but would be the laughing stock of the parish with that dingy! :lol::whistling:

And after doing it again yesterday, I wish Dad had just swapped batteries between the Fords when grinding barley :rolleyes:

Should have thought more before I typed :rolleyes: - know what you mean now.

Driving through that now, do you reckon as good as last year?

Don't be rubbing it in about mounted ones now Skimmer :lol::lol:

I can get a free loan of a trailed one here but would be the laughing stock of the parish with that dingy! :lol::whistling:

And after doing it again yesterday, I wish Dad had just swapped batteries between the Fords when grinding barley :rolleyes:

It looks better Nash, there was a fair bit of frost kill last year after the tough winter, there is a much better plant count there this year for sure, but time will tell.
By the way, you could probably roll in the fields with ur neighbours sprayer:D

It looks better Nash, there was a fair bit of frost kill last year after the tough winter, there is a much better plant count there this year for sure, but time will tell.
By the way, you could probably roll in the fields with ur neighbours sprayer:D

It wouldn't take much alright - plus I could build sand castles (if I was so inclined) with the sand in the tank :whistling:

That field of oats by us is late February and is as advanced as yours - certainly making us think strongly about trying a field of it early in 2013.

Back