Beef Plan

I was quite amused last week when on the beef plan wattsapp group which I’m on had a post, it said
“Hello everyone we are looking for a brand name to best describe our Irish grass fed suckled beef. Can everyone get all your best suggestions in by our curfew tonight. If your suggestion is picked you will win an agriland jacket”.
I did a quick google search and there was roughly 1.8 million animals slaughtered last year, and there is roughly 800k sucklers in the country so fag box figures are 750k suckler animals slaughtered so there was over 1 million other beef stock in the country killed. The beef plan have now just taken out a huge proportion of beef farmers with that one message. I’m all for representative bodies but that was not well taught out. Everyone that kills cull cows or any stock from the dairy side are now excluded.

I was quite amused last week when on the beef plan wattsapp group which I’m on had a post, it said
“Hello everyone we are looking for a brand name to best describe our Irish grass fed suckled beef. Can everyone get all your best suggestions in by our curfew tonight. If your suggestion is picked you will win an agriland jacket”.
I did a quick google search and there was roughly 1.8 million animals slaughtered last year, and there is roughly 800k sucklers in the country so fag box figures are 750k suckler animals slaughtered so there was over 1 million other beef stock in the country killed. The beef plan have now just taken out a huge proportion of beef farmers with that one message. I’m all for representative bodies but that was not well taught out. Everyone that kills cull cows or any stock from the dairy side are now excluded.

Back