Daily weather forecast update

North Kerry was a wash out last night everywhere is flooded this morning roads,fields rivers and towns !

Serious floods about here this morning, long time since iv seen it this bad, fire services trying to keep water from a couple of houses, roads closed, theres been 7 cars takeing away from a flood outside the house here all ready this morning on recovery trucks

Hope everyone is OK after that day. Just a day of mist here. Have friends near mountmellick and it was very serious around there today with floods.

Hope everyone is OK after that day. Just a day of mist here. Have friends near mountmellick and it was very serious around there today with floods.
The brother and another man were over there today with a machinery dealer getting a few parts and he told me they went up and down several roads trying to find a route into Mountmellick. Guards out directing traffic and roads closed all over the place from the floods.

I was in there this evening with a few of the lads putting down sandbags in doorways and I've never seen it to flood as bad. There was a few parts of the road that it's to deep to drive the tractor through and on other roads it's no problem to travel. The mother was in tullamore today but she can't come home tonight as it's impossible to drive through the town.

We have an office in mountmellick and the fire brigade evacuated it at 2pm and carried the girls out through the water. Playground beside it is almost completely submerged.

Lucky I had my wellies

I was in there this evening with a few of the lads putting down sandbags in doorways and I've never seen it to flood as bad. There was a few parts of the road that it's to deep to drive the tractor through and on other roads it's no problem to travel. The mother was in tullamore today but she can't come home tonight as it's impossible to drive through the town.

received_943155462507068.jpeg

Peter, have you upgraded!!

000f00af-500.jpg

How is Mountmellick today?

We have an office in mountmellick and the fire brigade evacuated it at 2pm and carried the girls out through the water. Playground beside it is almost completely submerged.

Lucky I had my wellies

View attachment 49583

If you were a gentleman , you would have carried out the ladies yourself.

Maybe better off not to. You could get a hernia , or arrested

A thaw...:eek3:, was rolling back silage pit cover and it was lethal to walk on.
It didn't thaw. The rain refroze and everything was a layer of ice here this morning. Good shot of frost on the cars outside atm although nothing on the roads and not dipped into the minus figures yet. A balmy +1 out.

It didn't thaw. The rain refroze and everything was a layer of ice here this morning. Good shot of frost on the cars outside atm although nothing on the roads and not dipped into the minus figures yet. A balmy +1 out.
Where are you on your holidays this week, it's far from balmy here, freezing away nicely

Where are you on your holidays this week, it's far from balmy here, freezing away nicely
I passed your place about 40 minutes ago. There's a milky frost down but it's not exactly freezing mad. The tap outside the back door hasn't frozen yet and it takes very little to freeze it where it's located.

I passed your place about 40 minutes ago. There's a milky frost down but it's not exactly freezing mad. The tap outside the back door hasn't frozen yet and it takes very little to freeze it where it's located.
You're traveling a long way for burgers tonight

After a bit of rain mid week, it looks like getting even chillier around next weekend....

After a bit of rain mid week, it looks like getting even chillier around next weekend....
Hopefully we'll get to midweek without rain; got a lot of stubble to spray off and then sterilise sprayer before spraying the winter barley.
Think it's to be mild enough though.
MF30

Hopefully we'll get to midweek without rain; got a lot of stubble to spray off and then sterilise sprayer before spraying the winter barley.
Think it's to be mild enough though.
MF30

Would you chance spraying off stubble with the frosts we are getting these nights :confused3:

We had enough pesky drizzle today as well.

Back