Domed caps for bale lifter?

Does anyone know if you can buy machined steel bushing of the shelf anywhere? 30mm inside diameter 38mm outside diameter 50mm long?

I made up a hydraulic bale lifter for the loader last year, I happen to have two old shocks from an old van or lorry lying around, likes of this:
images

I just cut off the busing part at the end, and welded the dome onto the end of the bale lifter pipes.

But yeh if you found something that does the trick for 3quid each then your sorted!

You can buy bushing stock in 3m lengths, 30mm bore, a variety of walls...I got it for a job from film steel in athlone, but am sure a few other stockholders should have it....

I was thinkin for the double lifter the main beam out of 120x120x8 and the rest of 100x100x5

Keltec in kilmallock stock the domed caps for the end of the pipes, about a fiver a piece if i remember correctly.
I made a couple of doubles last year with paddles/tines the same type as Rohans http://www.rohanengineering.ie/page4.html,
I used 100x100x8 for all the frame and would have used 100x100x10 if i could have got it. The square/rectangular frame is a lot stronger than the standard frame with the triangular ends but they are made that way so you only need a 20ft length of steel.
Also weld a few wear plates under the bottom of the frame where basically anything connects to the frame. this strengthens them a lot in the weak spots

I suppose the question is, are the fleming etc frames actually breaking or are they fine for the job?
you would see an odd crack in them, i had one here that done it, but the others are ok afaik.
there is six flemming singles here, but 4 of them are on the home made frames, and two singles.

you would see an odd crack in them, i had one here that done it, but the others are ok afaik.
there is six flemming singles here, but 4 of them are on the home made frames, and two singles.

I suppose the thing with most Fleming stuff is that its good enough value for money. You know you're not getting top of the range stuff, but you also know its not total rubbish either.
The problem for any new competitor is that along with the reasonable pricing, Fleming is a very established name and is for sale everywhere. For an average farmer using the bale handler for his/her own use, there is probably a lifetime in them.

The problem with most/all bale lifters is they don't make the top link mounting point high enough, the way they do them the lifter just lifts straight up & all the weight is hanging on the pipes.

Any I made I had the top link mounting a bit longer which threw the tail in towards the tractor, made life easier for everything & they lasted fairly well.

I made a couple of them last year and sold them. And Im gonna try and refine the thing this year and make them with grease able bushings and ram trip. I want to do the thing right.
What wall thickness is the main beam in the flemin or mckenna? If anyone knows

Hi The Man

Do you build jigs for items you make? I would be interested to see

Well lads, has anyone bought any of these recently? Any of the website links listed above aren’t working anymore, anyone got any idea of anybody in Ireland selling them?

cub next door got all them bits of Fleming for his college project,springs and tipping ram and the end's,they were very helpful to him and bar the ram the rest was foc from what he said

Well lads, has anyone bought any of these recently? Any of the website links listed above aren’t working anymore, anyone got any idea of anybody in Ireland selling them?
Can I ask what part of the world are you based in? If you are down the southern half of the country, Keltec in Kilmallock used to do them. Also a company in Cork City, Talitech who supply components for the manufacture of wrought iron gates, stock a range of sizes of solid spheres, hollow spheres, full and halved and should be able to help you out too.

Can I ask what part of the world are you based in? If you are down the southern half of the country, Keltec in Kilmallock used to do them. Also a company in Cork City, Talitech who supply components for the manufacture of wrought iron gates, stock a range of sizes of solid spheres, hollow spheres, full and halved and should be able to help you out too.
I’m in north mayo, thanks a lot tho I will try them 👍

I always bought them of the tailitech crowd on cork there only cheap like €5 each post them up and all. You’d only be able to get 100mm ones so you just have to cut a little bit off to suit the 90mm pipe.

Thinking of making a double bale lifter, like the design below. Would 80mm box be strong enough or would 100mm be needed? Also would there be a seam on the inside of the box that would need to be grinded out to allow the inside box to slide in and out freely?1700745351088.png

Back