fendt

Most of the time you won't be changing fronts and backs at the same time anyway. So you'd change fronts this year and years next

Nothing cheap about them!!! Had one of the men in the yard today and bad and all as John Deere are I think they are looking like they will be dearer........ it’s looking like it will might be deutz or New Holland at the moment ( although still waiting on a price for a “bastard” Massey !!!!)
I get the shivers now when I c lads thinking of buying new deutz. Dont think my one was a monday morning job either der all giving hassle. New holland might be a safer bet this time round

I get the shivers now when I c lads thinking of buying new deutz. Dont think my one was a monday morning job either der all giving hassle. New holland might be a safer bet this time round
Aren't the new ones a completely different tractor to yours though? Different engine and transmission anyway?

Have a 2015 t7.235 with 4700hrs and have to say it has been a very good tractor to us. Have at7.200 before that and it’s stay was short lived .....
Have the same 2 tractors, 200 is a bit dead and a few gremlins that shouldn't happen in a new tractor, 235 has been a great tractor so far.

MF overalls would be better. Put a baseball cap and jacket with the MF logo with it and your really getting up the salesmans noise :laugh:
I think it shows you have no problem walking into another dealer or another brand.
If they question you on it id say I was in pricing the fendt, and everything there really does seem better quality even the overalls.

Im sure most of you've seen this famous article floating around the last few years. The famous 6400 with 39800 hours. One point of note worth mentioning is where the owner compares running and servicing costs. Less than 2.50 an hour for the 6400, vs 7 pounds an hour for his 6930. Now I know the two are worlds apart, the 6930 is in a different league but there is a substantial difference between the two. A well maintained classic can often be a profitable business tool.

http://www.fwi.co.uk/machinery/high-hour-heroes-jd-6400.htm

Aren't the brakes reckless bad in them until last year I think they changed them the one with one brake pedal seemed OK when I drove it other ones seemed to go to the floor before much happened and it wasn't just 1 tractor it was 6 or 7 off the top of my head

Aren't the brakes reckless bad in them until last year I think they changed them the one with one brake pedal seemed OK when I drove it other ones seemed to go to the floor before much happened and it wasn't just 1 tractor it was 6 or 7 off the top of my head
Did they not put the trailer brakes on either? It sounds cruel in the vid anyway.

Does he want driving in the arse for slowing it down with the transmission??

I never drove a Fendt but is what he is doing wrong? (Using exhaust brake and pulling back vario to stop her).
I realise stopping with just the vario is wrong but does the exhaust brake make this ok?
I’d stick with the normal pedal brake myself considering the cost of a new vario. Any industrial loader I ever drove had a nice big effective brake pedal to avoid using the the hydrostatic to stop for good reason.

Does a new Fendt owner get proper training when they invest so much money? (I would expect at least half a day in a class room).

I never drove a Fendt but is what he is doing wrong? (Using exhaust brake and pulling back vario to stop her).
I realise stopping with just the vario is wrong but does the exhaust brake make this ok?
I’d stick with the normal pedal brake myself considering the cost of a new vario. Any industrial loader I ever drove had a nice big effective brake pedal to avoid using the the hydrostatic to stop for good reason.

Does a new Fendt owner get proper training when they invest so much money? (I would expect at least half a day in a class room).
I don't know tbh, never drove one but from what you here its frowned upon, wouldn't be a fan of exhaust brakes either but they've been used for years. Its a big ask to pull 25 ton up like that!
The trouble is some operators don't understand what's going on inside, just because it can do it doesn't mean it should be used that way.

He might have had a fourteen tonne trailer behind it but there is no way it had fourteen tonne on it because you would not get that acceleration . Why did he not drive it in pedal mode ??? Engine brake is a right yoke for taking a bit of speed off but I reckon you should use brakes for stopping .

Did they not put the trailer brakes on either? It sounds cruel in the vid anyway.
I haven't watched the video they do put on the trailer brakes alright I never really felt comfortable pushing one of them on tho the travel was chronic on the pedal lads driving them every day would know an awful lot more than me.

Think the exhaust brake won't work over a certain revs.
What's the exhaust brake like on a cvx win?
There's a little thing on the back of the joystick and it adjusts the serverity of you moving the joystick in 4 stages

He might have had a fourteen tonne trailer behind it but there is no way it had fourteen tonne on it because you would not get that acceleration . Why did he not drive it in pedal mode ??? Engine brake is a right yoke for taking a bit of speed off but I reckon you should use brakes for stopping .
What are the brakes like in your one? Is there a lot of travel in the pedal and no real firmness? Maybe all the ones I drove needed to be bled!

What are the brakes like in your one? Is there a lot of travel in the pedal and no real firmness? Maybe all the ones I drove needed to be bled!
They go right to the floor and then they work :sweat::sweat:,. The trailer brakes come on nicely and are well set . We had to adjust the trailer brakes on the Class to make them operate sooner . The fendt 720 that I was driving the last few days is a nice tractor and is operated in Pedal mode most of the time . I only got to drive it on mucky lanes and in the field and the brakes are sharper . It makes our 02 Fendt 716 without TMS seem very old fashioned but it will be a future Classic .

I haven't watched the video they do put on the trailer brakes alright I never really felt comfortable pushing one of them on tho the travel was chronic on the pedal lads driving them every day would know an awful lot more than me.

There's a little thing on the back of the joystick and it adjusts the serverity of you moving the joystick in 4 stages
T 6070 here has an exhaust brake, works best at higher revs, I would use it on a downhill loaded to hold speed and add a bit of brake pedal to reduce speed.

I noticed that going from the John Deere to the deutz. The Deere was near the top Of The pedal but there was more travel with the deutz. Just takes getting used to

My cvx hasn't got a exhaust brake so can't say.

Back