Ford/New Holland

Grand loader for cormywormy!

Nice 6710 here...
https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/ford-6710/20989415

YjBmYmNmZDZiODM3Yzc1ZjQ2N2QyZDdmMmViODhlZTBM2pmYLetHeURM79Cig5ggaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTc5MTE4Njd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Not wanting to be critical,but why do fellas rev up the engine when changing gear. The only time that helps is when you are changing down and deliberately slowing the tractor down as well. Doing it any other time only makes it harder to change gear. If you ever drove a lorry with a crash gearbox you wouldn’t be long copping that on.
To keep that monster turbo spooled up!!!!!:lol:

Not wanting to be critical,but why do fellas rev up the engine when changing gear. The only time that helps is when you are changing down and deliberately slowing the tractor down as well. Doing it any other time only makes it harder to change gear. If you ever drove a lorry with a crash gearbox you wouldn’t be long copping that on.

Saw many a lad learn that lesson missing gears and having to start fron scratch when they werent used to them

I'd be nervous that if something went wrong going up that hill, things could get very serious. That tractor isnt fit to be pulling a 25 ton load around in the flat, let alone up a mountain.

I hadn’t thought of it but I’d agree with you, especially if it’s a bigger digger.
Air brakes would be a must in my opinion (better stopping and auto lock up in the event of a problem).

They were a very soft yoke weren't they.
Lovely to look at but that's about it.

If they were that soft, how come there are so many still around?

There's been a few 20t diggers here over the past few years and pulled by MTX 200 McCormick and a NH T7.250 (I think). The same load behind an 8210 wouldn't inspire any confidence as Mike said.

We had a 2wd 8100 converted to an 8210 engine. 120hp down the shaft without a turbo, 40km/h road speed and an animal to pull. Only ever had to drop the dual power around here with up to 18 ton of wheat. I wouldn't have counted it as soft, far from it. It wasn't a TW though, so maybe a lot of lads abused them thinking they were the same tractor.
Much nicer gearbox than the TW though, could shift up and down gears on the move easily despite being a constant mesh.

If they were that soft, how come there are so many still around?

There's been a few 20t diggers here over the past few years and pulled by MTX 200 McCormick and a NH T7.250 (I think). The same load behind an 8210 wouldn't inspire any confidence as Mike said.
It's very rare now to see an 8210 or a tw working you'd see far more 50 series deeres or fergusons.
You'd see more fiat's even.
Soft in the way you could pull the lift arms out of the back end.
The way the engines were shite.
They were alcoholics and they rotted.
There a nice looking tractor that is about it

It's very rare now to see an 8210 or a tw working you'd see far more 50 series deeres or fergusons.
You'd see more fiat's even.
Soft in the way you could pull the lift arms out of the back end.
The way the engines were shite.
They were alcoholics and they rotted.
There a nice looking tractor that is about it

:scratchhead::rolleyes2:, might be time to get the blinkers off a bit.

At least Ford's have a simple hydraulic system compared to the JD system.

Back