gopro

using it is easy, its the playing back and editing that looks to be a problem.

been reading up on the quadcopter since x mas day, so havnt got round to understanding the gopro yet.
but i see a 12 min video can be up on 1.5gb, so thats not a pile of good for the putter, its much the same in 720 as it is in 1080.
need to do some research.

which one did you buy.

i take it you downloaded the free gopro editor.

I got the free editor.havnt used it yet
got the hero3black
good camera.

let me know how you get on.
ive taken a few videos, from 1080hd to 720, mostly in 60 fps, but they dont play right on the putter,
a 10 min video in 1080 is nearly as much as 1.5gb, which is massive.
i glanced off it on you tube and see a few down sizing the videos to be able to edit them, looks a bit of a long road.

ill do more on it in a bit.

I know a lad selling a version of the go pro let me know how if ye have any questions I'll ask him for ye

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

I know a lad selling a version of the go pro let me know how if ye have any questions I'll ask him for ye

ask him what resolution he shot videos in, and how many frames per second.
and how or what, did he use to edit/compress them.

The black has this think of resouloutions up to 4k but from reading not the net our current screens cannot process this so it's wasted for the moment?I probably read it wrong do.
I'm still between the silver and the black.the silver plus is€350 and the black is €450 the silver doesn't come with the wifi remote which is €70 but u can download an app for your phone If u really want to use it.il prob end up going for the black but finding it hard to see the extra €100 worth in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The black has this think of resouloutions up to 4k but from reading not the net our current screens cannot process this so it's wasted for the moment?I probably read it wrong do.
I'm still between the silver and the black.the silver plus is€350 and the black is €450 the silver doesn't come with the wifi remote which is €70 but u can download an app for your phone If u really want to use it.il prob end up going for the black but finding it hard to see the extra €100 worth in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TBH the €100 in worth it for the better picture quality alone and I'm sure when you get into using the go pro you will appreciate the extra options in the black edition. If you have a smart phone you probably will never use the remote because the phone is that handy. You see your shot so you can frame it properly plus you get control over stop/start record plus turning off the camera to save battery,a gift if machine mounted so you can leave it in position until it suits you to stop.
Definetly buy the battery pack because it is sore on batteries. I'm getting 20 mins per charge with wifi on but I'm told a software update might push that out another 10 mins so must try that

TBH the €100 in worth it for the better picture quality alone and I'm sure when you get into using the go pro you will appreciate the extra options in the black edition. If you have a smart phone you probably will never use the remote because the phone is that handy. You see your shot so you can frame it properly plus you get control over stop/start record plus turning off the camera to save battery,a gift if machine mounted so you can leave it in position until it suits you to stop.
Definetly buy the battery pack because it is sore on batteries. I'm getting 20 mins per charge with wifi on but I'm told a software update might push that out another 10 mins so must try that

Sound lad il go with the black then will only be buying one so might aswell make it worth while.
When will the DVD be out?

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Sound lad il go with the black then will only be buying one so might aswell make it worth while.
When will the DVD be out?

:crying: God only knows,ran into a few problems over so may have to get some more footage taken or else go back out there again myself.

:crying: God only knows,ran into a few problems over so may have to get some more footage taken or else go back out there again myself.

Fock that's a bit of a bummer alright.any excuse for a holiday anyway.

Well he said he records in 1080
60 frames per second 8gb memory whitxh he said only lasts about half hour on full HD best editor he used is ifilm or iedit can't remember what he said now its on the apple cimputesa anyway sure you could get it in I tunes the ones he sells are called veho muvi as good as a go pro tink there selling out at 280

Does everyone now own a gopro?
looks like it tbh.

i looked at loads of different types, and there are, but none of them seem to have the accessories base covered as well as the gpro, they have ( from what i can see ) thought of nearly every way to mount a camera.
its a bit like tractors, you could step out and buy a kubota, im sure they are a fine tractor, but the old saying, the day you buy, is the.... you know the rest.
so imo, i thought it best to go with more of the mainstream camera, and even tho, it mightnt be the most popular all the time, it is the most popular camera all the same, and makes serious money secondhand.

if you are using lower video res anyway does it make sense to pay for black edition
Doesn't the silver and even white edition gopro support remote control using phone?

i'm tempted to buy a parrot AR 2.0 drone to see if i would actually make use of a go pro and phantom, because lets be honest, €1500 is a pile of cash

i'm tempted to buy a parrot AR 2.0 drone to see if i would actually make use of a go pro and phantom, because lets be honest, €1500 is a pile of cash
:blushing:, i suppose ive spent near that.

some would say that your better off flying something cheap so if it fecks off ( as likely as any ) at least your not watching 1.5k flying away.
and along with that, learning how to fly a cheaper one is a lot more cost effective than a dear one.

not hard to sell the parrot on again either, and if you did make use of it, go for the phantom 2 then, the 2 being the important bit.
how much is the parrot now?

the weather hasnt been great for flying, but over the next few days, if i get a chance, ill take it down to the beah and take a video.

one thing worth bearing in mind, i was looking up the specs of a recomended putter for editing movies.
we are automatically in gaming territory straight away as regards computer power.
or basically, 3k would make things flow nicely.
seemingly, editing videos is a massive ask, and tbh, its a slow job on a half decent computer.
just bear it in mind.

finally, and ill not bore you, but i quickly realised the other day, that fpv is more or less essential on a quadcopter.
i dont have it yet, but i will.

Watching the thread with interest, not looking to get that setup mind but interested to see how you get on.

Re the computer, is that pre built or building your own?

You want a decent bit of ram for rendering anyway.

:blushing:, i suppose ive spent near that.

some would say that your better off flying something cheap so if it fecks off ( as likely as any ) at least your not watching 1.5k flying away.
and along with that, learning how to fly a cheaper one is a lot more cost effective than a dear one.

not hard to sell the parrot on again either, and if you did make use of it, go for the phantom 2 then, the 2 being the important bit.
how much is the parrot now?

the weather hasnt been great for flying, but over the next few days, if i get a chance, ill take it down to the beah and take a video.

one thing worth bearing in mind, i was looking up the specs of a recomended putter for editing movies.
we are automatically in gaming territory straight away as regards computer power.
or basically, 3k would make things flow nicely.
seemingly, editing videos is a massive ask, and tbh, its a slow job on a half decent computer.
just bear it in mind.

finally, and ill not bore you, but i quickly realised the other day, that fpv is more or less essential on a quadcopter.
i dont have it yet, but i will.
loads seem to think the phantom1 is better than the 2 at the moment

The Nephew uses a Samsung RF 711 with 8 G B Ram with an I 7 processor to edit his videos . I think it cost up near €1000 but he said if you bought an apple it would cost more . We must be paying him too much .

Back