Greenhouse Gas Emissions

Those twats on rte 'what planet are you on' had 'Marco the expert' openly telling a family to stay away from the section full of bord bia meats in the supermarket. At just to add insult, he convinced them that a huge amount of milk is used up to make a 500 grams of cheese. And there was i thinking that only part of this milk went to cheese. This is a vegan program without a vegan name on the title

Those twats on rte 'what planet are you on' had 'Marco the expert' openly telling a family to stay away from the section full of bord bia meats in the supermarket. At just to add insult, he convinced them that a huge amount of milk is used up to make a 500 grams of cheese. And there was i thinking that only part of this milk went to cheese. This is a vegan program without a vegan name on the title

I'm no expert but to the best of my knowledge about 3/4 of the milk you use to make cheese ends up as whey, so the cheese is 25% of what you start with. I suppose it depends on how you define huge. Did he tell them to buy meat that wasn't Bord Bia approved or just avoid it in general?

I'm no expert but to the best of my knowledge about 3/4 of the milk you use to make cheese ends up as whey, so the cheese is 25% of what you start with. I suppose it depends on how you define huge. Did he tell them to buy meat that wasn't Bord Bia approved or just avoid it in general?
Basically told them stay away from the meat section, which happened to have loads of bord bia logos on the packets. Prior to this, when the girl questioned where the alternative vegan products came from asking was south America the source, they just cut her off and brought on Marco. Im no expert on milk but assumed that it doesn t take 5 litres of milk, in its entirety, to make 500 grams of cheese. They are making the children in this program feel ashamed for eating meat or dairy. RTE should be ashamed of themselves as far as im concerned for allowing that

Basically told them stay away from the meat section, which happened to have loads of bord bia logos on the packets. Prior to this, when the girl questioned where the alternative vegan products came from asking was south America the source, they just cut her off and brought on Marco. Im no expert on milk but assumed that it doesn t take 5 litres of milk, in its entirety, to make 500 grams of cheese. They are making the children in this program feel ashamed for eating meat or dairy. RTE should be ashamed of themselves as far as im concerned for allowing that
Depends on the type of cheese I suppose, bit I'd say it would take 2 or 3 litres anyway. A lot of the mainstream media are pushing a vegan agenda for a long time, it's up to the agri industry to counter the false information that's being put out there. Why don't the IFA and the other farming organisations fund a TV ad that dispels some of these untruths, be proactive about the situation instead of being caught on the back foot the whole time.

Yea happen to see a bit of that shite tonight. Shows the Irish beef section and then says you can’t buy any of this section. Really doing great for the farmer. Telling them to use dairy alternative. Never seen such shite talk

He had them buying almond milk too, bloody stuff cost near twice what Irish milk costs and the almonds mostly grown in California.

A quick Google says he's not a nutritionist, he's Senior Researcher in Population Health at the Oxford Martin school at Oxford University. He holds two Master degrees, one in Physics from Stony Brook University, New York, and one in Sustainability with concentration in Ecological Economics from the University of Leeds. He is a Vegan activist, and is listed as an academic visionary on the Compassion in World Farming website, the same organisation that counts the much-loved Chris Packham as one of it's patrons. He was also heavily involved in the famous EAT-Lancet report from 12 months ago that said we all had to turn vegan to save the planet. Hardly a balanced and impartial commentator.

Last edited:
See point no2 about moving to a plant based diet. . From George lee . Is this correct?/ accurate?

9 things you can do right now to tackle climate change

I read that earlier today and there are so many contradictions In It When You read carefully, You could Have another two articles written.

Depends on the type of cheese I suppose, bit I'd say it would take 2 or 3 litres anyway. A lot of the mainstream media are pushing a vegan agenda for a long time, it's up to the agri industry to counter the false information that's being put out there. Why don't the IFA and the other farming organisations fund a TV ad that dispels some of these untruths, be proactive about the situation instead of being caught on the back foot the whole time.

The industry has tried That In recent weeks And It's got sabotaged already.

If Arthur Murphy was still around we could all write strongly worded letters to Mailbag.

Would Arthur Be allowed To read It out :Whistle2:

Feel sorry for the families who are getting this nutritional scolding from this so called nutritionist..were RTE decent enough to tell them, he s a vegan activist. Be interesting tosee would anyone be commenting on the radio this week

RTE are getting a bit of flack..https://www.farmersjournal.ie/rt-show-sparks-farmer-backlash-508689

And the calf expose is next week, aren't we blessed with them. It's called programming for a reason.

Some amount of packaging from the German discounters Aldi and Lidl is labelled as "not currently recyclable" the whole thing stinks to high heaven, the amount of energy used to keep the internet running is massive, whether I am logged in or not it is consuming the same to keep data available.

The Internet emits more Co2 than global aviation.

Who's pushing all those 10 year old kids and young teens on climate change that were at the dail today and are on the LLS now?

Teachers and parents.

Facebook has a lot to answer for too. If you interact/read a post, you will be shown more of that type of content. So if you are interested in cars, cows, etc, you will see more of the same.

However if you are a jihadist or a vegan, you will be shown related content to the point of brainwashing.

Have you ever tried talking to these people? Many of them literally think we are sadists who get our kicks from abusing cattle.

When you explain how things actually work they respond that 'you're an exception and every other farmer is doing things wrong'..

Teachers and parents.

Facebook has a lot to answer for too. If you interact/read a post, you will be shown more of that type of content. So if you are interested in cars, cows, etc, you will see more of the same.

However if you are a jihadist or a vegan, you will be shown related content to the point of brainwashing.

Have you ever tried talking to these people? Many of them literally think we are sadists who get our kicks from abusing cattle.

When you explain how things actually work they respond that 'you're an exception and every other farmer is doing things wrong'..
I ask the kids here regularly if they have been spoken to in school about veganism or reducing their meat and dairy consumption, the answer is always no, maybe that's because it's a rural enough school and several of the teachers would be from farming backgrounds. They're aware of being more environmentally friendly alright, plastic bottles are banned this year in favour of reusable ones and there's a big push on recycling.
The whole Facebook thing baffles me. It was never easier for people to educate themselves, they literally have all the information in the world at their fingertips and two or three clicks can give them a balanced view on just about anything, but instead they just soak up whatever is put in front of them like zombies. It's pathetic.

I remember Michael harding and one of the rubberbandits being on the late late talking about "post truth". As many others have said, they hit the nail on the head with what they said about social media. If you are of any particular viewpoint at that point in time, and read related content, Facebooks algorithms will show you more content related to that viewpoint. They call it confirmation bias.

What is post truth you ask? Post truth is the shift from "I think therefore I am" to "I believe therefore I'm right." a move away from facts or policy to appeal more to the emotions of people.

Back