Ignorance or cruelty

There is imo a world of diffrence between dead stock in fields/farms and dead stock that is meant to be dead to eat. Or for any producer to insult the gerneral public by drawing any relevance between the two

processed, and rolled, and you still don't digest it aswell as a ruminant.

Interesting, your thinking of the caveman, humans have evolved to digest all grains and fibre is one of the most important parts of a human diet. Go a few days on all meat with no veg or grains and see for yourself:thumbdown:

Interesting, your thinking of the caveman, humans have evolved to digest all grains and fibre is one of the most important parts of a human diet. Go a few days on all meat with no veg or grains and see for yourself:thumbdown:

our digestive system isn't much different than a pigs, and they pass alot of meal through their excriment, cows don't, we can eat that stuff but we don't digest it(take as much energy out of it) as well as a ruminant does. our digestive systems haven't changed since cavemen, we still have our appendix after all.

our digestive system isn't much different than a pigs, and they pass alot of meal through their excriment, cows don't, we can eat that stuff but we don't digest it(take as much energy out of it) as well as a ruminant does. our digestive systems haven't changed since cavemen, we still have our appendix after all.

link to proof please, I only use my appendix for ballast:laugh: cows will pass whole grains too and humans can live solely on a veggie diet

it's all irrelevant in my opinion, the animal was dead, no matter where you put it it is still dead, what is the difference seeing it there or behind a wall, none, it didn't die because of any sort of mistreatment so i really don't see the problem? the public should realise that with that many animals some are going to die, and as long as they didn't die from any mistreatment, where they are when they are dead is irrelevant.

Having been a livestock producer I agree with you jcb I certainty don't see a problem!

Driving by a farm and seeing a dead calf doesn't cause me any concerns since I know all the farmers in the area. I know that it will be taken care in due time .

I'm not sure that if city folks here would cause anyone any problems but we live in a large rural area might be the reason.

link to proof please, I only use my appendix for ballast:laugh: cows will pass whole grains too and humans can live solely on a veggie diet

I've corn fed calves to market weight with shelled corn and hay and the whole corn kennel that passed thru them was eaten by pigs running after them thus no waste of grain!

I'm sure the ptea folks would have a come apart if they saw pigs eating corn out of the calf poop :laugh:

I've corn fed calves to market weight with shelled corn and hay and the whole corn kennel that passed thru them was eaten by pigs running after them thus no waste of grain!

I'm sure the ptea folks would have a come apart if they saw pigs eating corn out of the calf poop :laugh:

i have heard of people feeding pigs their own poop but not that way round??

very true, I think the only diffrence is the large intestine, as in how it lays in the body. We dont readlily digest whole grains at all, and they are possibly the reason for so many ailments. Grains are said to produce a lot of acid when we try to digest them, which then passes into the blood stream.
I am sure someone will correct me, but I think the blood then takes calcium from the rest of our body to regulate its own PH. Blood is the most critically controlled medium in us, and all else suffers, because blood is king. High acidity also has the effect of coming out of our bodies as boils or spots, or just lays down in extra fat.

very true, I think the only diffrence is the large intestine, as in how it lays in the body. We dont readlily digest whole grains at all, and they are possibly the reason for so many ailments. Grains are said to produce a lot of acid when we try to digest them, which then passes into the blood stream.
I am sure someone will correct me, but I think the blood then takes calcium from the rest of our body to regulate its own PH. Blood is the most critically controlled medium in us, and all else suffers, because blood is king. High acidity also has the effect of coming out of our bodies as boils or spots, or just lays down in extra fat.

all i know is we are both monogastic, and a pig is less efficient at digesting grains so we are the same, ruminants are made specialy to digest and break down plant based foods and so can extract more energy

all i know is we are both monogastic, and a pig is less efficient at digesting grains so we are the same, ruminants are made specialy to digest and break down plant based foods and so can extract more energy

What is your point, don’t eat grains cause were so inefficient at using them , a point which I dispute, the human digestive system is amazing at using utilizing all foods. Look a obesity levels, a single slice of white bread has 90-100 calories which goes directly to your hips

What is your point, don’t eat grains cause were so inefficient at using them , a point which I dispute, the human digestive system is amazing at using utilizing all foods. Look a obesity levels, a single slice of white bread has 90-100 calories which goes directly to your hips
How do you work that bit out?
I live almost entirely on sliced white bread, a loaf lasts 2 days at the most.
My hips are particularly slender.

May be an exaggeration but white bread is a high GI carb which means it works like a simple carb, Simple carbs are very easily broken down by our bodies and when you eat them you get a ‘sugar rush’. The only problem with this rush is that what comes up must go down and so soon after eating a lot of simple carbs your blood sugar will tend to crash, leaving you feel a bit sluggish and tired and hungry for more food

Look I.m not expert but any one looking to loose weight is advised to cut simple carbs from their diet

We may digest grain to a certain extent, but at a cost. As I said earlier.Just because someone is obese dosnt mean the are getting any goodness from their diet, quite the opposite, they are laying down fat, at the expence of nutrition.

We may digest grain to a certain extent, but at a cost. As I said earlier.Just because someone is obese dosnt mean the are getting any goodness from their diet, quite the opposite, they are laying down fat, at the expence of nutrition.

Hold up, we get energy from food, excess energy is stored as fat, therefore we are utilizing that food, People are obese because they consume excess calories. I know what your saying about food that has no real nutrition but it still has calories , simple carbs, drinks etc.

hmm, let me think. difference between ruminant and monogastrics are massive, but as stated we arn't that different from pigs.

We can digest grain, lovley starchy stuff, high in energy, but what we can't digest is the outer coating, made up of complex carbohydrates, the same as grass and straw. A ruminant can't digest these either, but the rumin micro-organisms can, convert to volitile fatty acids, mainly aceatic acid for fibreous feeds, and propionate for starchy foods, these are absorbed through the rumen wall to the bloodstream. Pigs digest using enzymes, which converts starch into simple sugars which are absorbed through the small intestine, same as us.

Now if we could ever get a rumen bug that didn't digest starch, and just stuck to fiberous products, we would have very efficient cows, as they would digest starch using enzymes, the same as a pig.

As for when you eat sweetcorn, its the outer bit that passes through, not the middle bit.

hmm, let me think. difference between ruminant and monogastrics are massive, but as stated we arn't that different from pigs.

We can digest grain, lovley starchy stuff, high in energy, but what we can't digest is the outer coating, made up of complex carbohydrates, the same as grass and straw. A ruminant can't digest these either, but the rumin micro-organisms can, convert to volitile fatty acids, mainly aceatic acid for fibreous feeds, and propionate for starchy foods, these are absorbed through the rumen wall to the bloodstream. Pigs digest using enzymes, which converts starch into simple sugars which are absorbed through the small intestine, same as us.

Now if we could ever get a rumen bug that didn't digest starch, and just stuck to fiberous products, we would have very efficient cows, as they would digest starch using enzymes, the same as a pig.

As for when you eat sweetcorn, its the outer bit that passes through, not the middle bit.

Yes the fibre, one the most important part of our diet. Fibre reduces the risk of bowel problems, some cancers and keeps your digestive system working well, it's recommended that we eat 25g of fibre per day, foods that are higher in fibre are fruit, veg, oats etc 30g bowl of oats is 2.7g of fibre

From what i remember from school, fatter people tend to have more efficient metabolisms than thinner people. That's what the biology teachers said anyway.

And getting back to a previous point, times have changed and I believe most people, whether they are rural folk, urban folk, meat eaters, farming folk or whatever, would say it isn't acceptable to have deadstock on show, no matter under what circumstances they died.

Back