Land drainage

He thinks that the fall is all wrong, says we will run out of depth if we carry on at this 1/333 lark, but I keep telling him, it is as good as I am able to lay drainage roll correctly. The sheep dog was deserted me and taken to staying in the tractor, she is so disgusting with the go on.

Is the sheep dog a Green voter?

oh Holy divine God , il stop if that needs draining
I wouldn’t advise you to stop, other than to stop worrying about the economics of drainage, it is safe to say all well done drainage works pay handsomely. This job will give at least 300% return in 25 years, maybe even more if the current buoyant land market continues. It will add more than the total cost immediately to the value of the land. This is very good 6 ton / acre wheat ground and sorting out the wet spots pays 2 fold, firstly allowing the whole field to be sown, sprayed and spread sooner, and secondly massively improving the yield in the area drained.
20231220_080740.jpg20231220_124238.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn’t advise you to stop, other than to stop worrying about the economics of drainage, it is safe to say all well done drainage works pays handsomely. This job will return at least 300% return in 25 years, maybe even more if the current buoyant land market continues. It will add more than the total cost immediately to the value of the land. This is very good 6 ton / acre wheat ground and sorting out the wet spots pays 2 fold, firstly allowing the whole field to be sown, sprayed and spread sooner, and secondly massively improving the yield in the area drained.
View attachment 131604View attachment 131605
It just goes to show that there's land and then, there's land.
You would struggle to cross the driest land around here with a quad at the minute.

Back