Leyland tractors

Wasn’t the 384 a bmc engine @wdah ?

yep but same number set up, size of engine, then number of cylinders. 344 was bmc too. after that range it went to 2/4wd then hp for number. strange as even the most of nuffields had the hp in the number

Well lads. I have a friend who recently bought a yellow Steyr 8110 and im looking to get hold of a workshop manual for one , do any of you lads have an idea where to look ? or do you know of anybody with one for parts ? could use a few bits :) Thanks lads

Well lads. I have a friend who recently bought a yellow Steyr 8110 and im looking to get hold of a workshop manual for one , do any of you lads have an idea where to look ? or do you know of anybody with one for parts ? could use a few bits :) Thanks lads
What parts you looking for? might be a bit of a struggle, there was one in the yard of the uk importer a few years back, but whether it still exists I don't know.

If you are in Ireland, Springmount tractors or T McFarland might be worth a call for new parts.

For €15k sterling I could provide a similar one with wet brakes, twin hydraulic pumps and 1000/540 pto options...
I'd say the bids will be rare enough too.
MF30

Wouldn't 2k be plenty for it?
Maybe another one or two thousand if he finishes it off really well but why doesn't he finish it first before pics go up of an unfinished job?
Who'll start the bidding at 99p?
MF30

Not often you see a tidy 2100 especially with it's unique exhaust still intact.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/leyland-2100/17410965

MzA5OWEwNDVhYTUwM2IxMmRmNjM0YTAwNzY2OTU1ODddo1YaNxbG_5_WAoYwsazIaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MDExNzUzMHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Not often you see a tidy 2100 especially with it's unique exhaust still intact.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/leyland-2100/17410965

MzA5OWEwNDVhYTUwM2IxMmRmNjM0YTAwNzY2OTU1ODddo1YaNxbG_5_WAoYwsazIaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MDExNzUzMHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg
I wonder were the engine mounts replaced with rubber mounts or solid ones, this was the main fault with these 2000 series tractors breaking the clutch centre regularly. Solid mounts and a Layrub clutch sorted this out. Hard to believe they resorted to rubber engine mounts to reduce noise in the cab to qualify for noise regulations at the time, the rear facing exhaust was another noise reducer.
MF30

That's right and didn't the last of them have the 9 speed synchronized gearbox?
Yes, the 5x2 gearbox just wasn't able for the 100+ hp. The synchro box was a much stronger box and could handle up to 120hp safely without issues. But whoever thought a solid mounted gearbox mated to a flexible mounted engine would last is beyond me!
MF30

Back