Moore Uni-Drill

Decent pics of one on eBay

Hi @towbar , I’ve been looking at these pictures and your old pictures and the hoppers are mounted a bit differently. Yours seems to make more sense to me where the rear horizontal bar of the hopper is attached to the back bar of the drill. Also using the A frame at the front and cutting the drill in such a way as to keep the supports.
If you were doing one again is that how you’d do it or would you change anything?

Hi @towbar , I’ve been looking at these pictures and your old pictures and the hoppers are mounted a bit differently. Yours seems to make more sense to me where the rear horizontal bar of the hopper is attached to the back bar of the drill. Also using the A frame at the front and cutting the drill in such a way as to keep the supports.
If you were doing one again is that how you’d do it or would you change anything?
I didnt do mine it was done when I bought it - i just stripped it down blasted and painted it and added the hydraulic fan and electric seed motor. I think its a good design I wouldn't be inclined to change it.

If I was doing mine from scratch again, I would bring the hopper further forward, and allow space to put an IBC of liquid fertiliser on the back. I would do away with the A-Frame and just used the hopper supports. Wouldnt be a big job to change it

If I was doing mine from scratch again, I would bring the hopper further forward, and allow space to put an IBC of liquid fertiliser on the back. I would do away with the A-Frame and just used the hopper supports. Wouldnt be a big job to change it
Great idea I’d say, maybe even lime as well?
Would you get the liquid fert down the coulter somehow?
Our drill is the ancient type with the wheels at the sides, also time and engineering skill would be limited. Having the horizontal bar of the hopper at the back of the drill I hoped I might be able to use the land wheel of the hopper as is or by extending the leg maybe and also keep the ladder.

What appealed to me with that one is it looks like we’d have to make about two cuts and attach it in four places.

Our hopper is a lely too, has the accord like in the eBay pics slightly different supports?

I didnt do mine it was done when I bought it - i just stripped it down blasted and painted it and added the hydraulic fan and electric seed motor. I think its a good design I wouldn't be inclined to change it.
I might have to have a slight rethink. The two bars that your A frame rests on are narrower than the A frame on mine.

Could you just put runners crossways to carry it? 75mm channel braced?
Yes. When I looked at it I’d say I’d have had to raise it up over the bar that runs between the wheels over the wheel weights anyway.

Attachments

• 46F990E3-838F-47D5-93A7-293AB55CB607.jpeg
    46F990E3-838F-47D5-93A7-293AB55CB607.jpeg
    884.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 25812227-D147-41A1-9A1D-CFC328798926.jpeg
    25812227-D147-41A1-9A1D-CFC328798926.jpeg
    698.2 KB · Views: 50
Ah ok you’ll need to be careful when calibrating the accord meter unit.

How many discs looks like 18?

Finally getting a chance to put a bit of time into this.

Firstly given that the hopper etc is supported by the A frame normally, and we will use the a frame at the front, would anyone see an issue with supporting the rear of the hopper by the brackets that normally carry the coulter bar where I have circled in yellow?

Secondly we want to carry the rear bar of the hopper slightly behind the rear bar of the Moore. Would anyone see an issue with that in terms of balance or anything else?

Reason we want to do that is we’d have less cutting of brackets etc to do and we’d be able to keep the land wheel where it is.

801A90EA-DD08-411F-89BC-B6B56161732F.jpeg

Back