Moore Uni-Drill

Lads have been offered a unidrill at handy money. It's about 30 years old and on grain spacings.
Amygood
There was a lad using one next door just the other day.
I'd say it did a better job than the 3 inch spacing one I'd seen used before.
And going twice on a field is no bad thing.

FYI

coulters ~ £35 + vat each
spaldings discs £17.50 plus vat however they are bigger than original and it does cause some problems - non serrated 16" discs I think are about £26 each.

wont be long adding up if you need discs and coulters!

FYI

coulters ~ £35 + vat each
spaldings discs £17.50 plus vat however they are bigger than original and it does cause some problems - non serrated 16" discs I think are about £26 each.

wont be long adding up if you need discs and coulters!
How do they meter the seed? Much to go wrong/ wear out in there?

Hello everyone.Would someone please tell me what are main differences between Moore Uni drill and Sulky/Sky Easy Drill ?.They are more or less non existent in my country,very rare.But i am interested in one of these drill seeder so i could change from conventional tillage to no till or min till for wheat,soybean and oil seed rape.
And what are their prices as used machines ?.I've seen on net Sulky uni drill holds strong price,30-40 000 euro,or more,while on other side Moore could be seen for as little as 10k.Also Sky seems to lose price faster than Sulky,as used machines ,why would that be ?.

@FarmerArka this explains the history and what to look for

Hi, first post. I’m looking at converting an old unidrill to accord. Just wondering would it be possible to use a hopper from a front tank rather than a drill and would it be easier or more difficult.
Unfortunately we don’t have a front linkage. Thanks.

Hi towbar, thanks for the reply.
You’ll need the mushroom head to split out the pipes won’t be on a front drill
I know where there’s a mushroom head if needed.

Might be an option
https://www.donedeal.ie/view/30686048
Seed drill 3m Accord
I also know where there’s a pulley and frame that might suit that.

So I’m wondering which is the path of least resistance and which would make the most sense. The front tank has a hydraulic fan.

Should be fine if you have all the bits, hydraulic fan big plus as makes job easier but just be aware the front fan probably a lot more powerful so you might need to run it slower than the usual rear mounted fan not a big deal.

Should be fine if you have all the bits, hydraulic fan big plus as makes job easier but just be aware the front fan probably a lot more powerful so you might need to run it slower than the usual rear mounted fan not a big deal.
Would you mount it on the drill rather than keeping it in front?

Hadn’t thought of that I guess you could I just assumed you were putting on top of Moore. Is the moore trailed? If it is getting the pipe to the drill will be tricky. Really only works if rear drill is mounted.

Hadn’t thought of that I guess you could I just assumed you were putting on top of Moore. Is the moore trailed? If it is getting the pipe to the drill will be tricky. Really only works if rear drill is mounted.
The drill is trailed. Putting it on the drill probably makes the most sense. Particularly since we don’t have a front linkage.
Would you say a front tank would be any harder or easier to do than a hopper off of an accord drill? Any issues to look out for like the power of the fan, would we be able to slow down the oil enough to compensate for that or would there be more to it?
Would it have to be mounted so it’s traveling forwards so the land wheel is going the right direction for example?

The drill is trailed. Putting it on the drill probably makes the most sense. Particularly since we don’t have a front linkage.
Would you say a front tank would be any harder or easier to do than a hopper off of an accord drill? Any issues to look out for like the power of the fan, would we be able to slow down the oil enough to compensate for that or would there be more to it?
Would it have to be mounted so it’s traveling forwards so the land wheel is going the right direction for example?
I think in your case mounted on drill best option. Hydraulic fan what tractor you using is it closed centre hydraulics? . Land wheel will be only tricky bit was land wheel on front hopper it will need to run same direction so if turning hopper bear in mind. I actually have a land wheel for a Moore and some gears to drive accord as I switched to a motor

Getting drive to the metering will be similar wether your putting a front tank or a rear tank on imo,

I can see where towbar is coming from about routing pipe work back especially with a trailed drill, but the big thing I would see with keeping the front tank mounted up front is that you could potentially use one tank to feed multiple drill types, but that depends on wether you need that.
My thinking is you could have a distribution head on the Moore, another on say a set of coulters on the back of a power Harrow etc,

But then the lack of front linkage does complicate it a bit too and also that a front tank setup is a little bit married to one tractor and can’t just be a hook and go job due to having to set up side pipes etc to carry back seed

Last edited:
A trailed Moore benefits from the weight of the hopper too but you could add weights. But do agree would be nice to have one setup for multiple drill types.

Hydraulic fan what tractor you using is it closed centre hydraulics? .
Valtra N121
Land wheel will be only tricky bit was land wheel on front hopper
Yes, there’s a land wheel on it but I’d need to extend it out to the side I guess.
it will need to run same direction so if turning hopper bear in mind.
So I’d need to support it from the back of the drill rather than from the front towards the tractor?
the big thing I would see with keeping the front tank mounted up front is that you could potentially use one tank to feed multiplayer drill types, but that depends on wether you need that.
We probably don’t need that for the foreseeable but maybe we’d try to mount it without “butchering” it and keep the parts so that could be an option in the future.
a front tank setup is a little bit married to one tractor and can’t just be a hook and go job due
Part of the reason for getting the drill is to be able to go sometimes at short notice and maybe for a small area if the conditions are right. So it would be good to have it as a hook on and go job is possible.
We had hoped to be doing some about now with the current metering unit but it looks like it’ll be spring now for us most likely.

Back