Moore Uni-Drill

Will you be good to go for this spring @towbar ? Looks like you will. Fair play on the work :Thumbp2:

You’re dog rough M :lol:
was helping a rougher neighbor put a fan belt on a JD6100, awkward job and you release the tensioner spring using a 1/2 socket but you need the shortest 1/2 extension which is about 50mm long. We couldnt find one so he said he would go to his other shed for one. A good few minutes passed and he arrived back, didnt find one, but made one:Thumbp2:, he welded solid the extension with the universal joint :no:, and said now he has a spare one :laugh:, whats worse he managed to weld it well off line so its pretty useless:laugh:

Fine job there towbar, I'd say you are fibbing when you say you took a break :laugh:
No I did to be fair done very little over Christmas break. It's not a bad machine to work at and I left the frame and the hopper to a guy to sand blast and paint. He done a decent job on base but useless job on hopper so I had to strip some of it again with flap disc.

Will you be good to go for this spring @towbar ? Looks like you will. Fair play on the work :Thumbp2:
Will be ready hopefully but don't plan to use till summer I'll try a cover crop on the winter barley( if it grows at all this year ) and go from there.

was helping a rougher neighbor put a fan belt on a JD6100, awkward job and you release the tensioner spring using a 1/2 socket but you need the shortest 1/2 extension which is about 50mm long. We couldnt find one so he said he would go to his other shed for one. A good few minutes passed and he arrived back, didnt find one, but made one:Thumbp2:, he welded solid the extension with the universal joint :no:, and said now he has a spare one :laugh:, whats worse he managed to weld it well off line so its pretty useless:laugh:
If ye think that's an awkward job things are bad !!

lads complete brain freeze today but wondering how the hell does the accord metering unit work as the air unit is not closed in - I have to be missing something obvious.

So the nozzle goes into the bottom port - the seed falls own in front of this the air will blow it up the pipe but the area around the pipe is not sealed so there is nothing to stop the seed blowing out around the unit??:scratchhead:
IMG_0550.JPG IMG_0551.JPG IMG_0552.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0551.JPG
    IMG_0551.JPG
    245.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0553.JPG
    IMG_0553.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0550.JPG
    IMG_0550.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 46
lads complete brain freeze today but wondering how the hell does the accord metering unit work as the air unit is not closed in - I have to be missing something obvious.

So the nozzle goes into the bottom port - the seed falls own in front of this the air will blow it up the pipe but the area around the pipe is not sealed so there is nothing to stop the seed blowing out around the unit??:scratchhead:
View attachment 51410 View attachment 51412 View attachment 51407
the jet stream of air is pointed up the tube to the distributor
the seed falls from the meter down around the tube and the jet stream carries it up the tube

picked this up on ebay and took a chance as was scrap - luckily it works and will be better than having to rig up all the gears and wheels to drive the seed unit. I think it will also be better at headlands as with the direct drill you really don't want to be dribbling seed on top of the ground. No controller but will be a nice new project! Any features you've seen on seed drill controller units you thought was neat let me know.

I plan to drive it based on the speed signal from the trimble ezguide.
I'll have it stop and start based on the drill back wheels being raised or lowered however will have a switch in series so that I can also stop it just before lifting the wheels.
I'll have a prime button to start the seed before the tractor moves so I can reverse into a corner and sow out from there
and a calibrate button that will run the wheel for 1/10th acre and allow me to set the weight. I think I'll do that the old fashioned way and just manually adjust the calibration based on the amount the slide is opened.
IMG_0709.JPG

Did the project turn into a big operation for a finish? It does look very well tho.

Far from finished have to sort out the fan and the drive motor. The budget was 2k and so far I've spent 1750 getting hopper and sower to this stage.
The hydraulic fan will push me over though looking like it will be about €550-600 for the motor and kit for my fan. The alternative was I'd have to buy a wide angle pto shaft so I think its worth spending on the hydraulic motor - I just cant seem to get a second hand unit. The seed drill motor and electronics will be about 150 and wasn't planned or probably needed but that is the bit I'll enjoy the most so worth blowing the budget...

To be fair its not the most time consuming thing I worked but I'm only spending short bursts on it here and there so its very spread out.

@towbar does the woman of the house appreciate the beauty of the ornament parked outside the backdoor:laugh:
In a word NO.! To be fair to me though its not the backdoor that's the garage. It certainly would not be entertained outside the back door. The vice is also in the garage @Arthur. I'm not that bad... yet!!

Back