Repair costs

My wife has a Citroen c5 and it’s needed two steering racks; 2 injectors.
My son had a c5 and it too needed 2 steering racks.

My sister in law has a Peugeot 508 (saloon) not sure of numbers and it also has needed 2 steering racks.

Is it a French thing that they can’t build a steering rack??

Injectors I think is mainly down to diesel and journeys. But some seem to give bother as in location on the block;

My wife wants to move up in years but I keep telling a dealer will think nothing of giving someone 8-12k of a bill these days.

I see headlights costing more than my jeep.

My wife has a Citroen c5 and it’s needed two steering racks; 2 injectors.
My son had a c5 and it too needed 2 steering racks.

My sister in law has a Peugeot 508 (saloon) not sure of numbers and it also has needed 2 steering racks.

Is it a French thing that they can’t build a steering rack??

Injectors I think is mainly down to diesel and journeys. But some seem to give bother as in location on the block;

My wife wants to move up in years but I keep telling a dealer will think nothing of giving someone 8-12k of a bill these days.

I see headlights costing more than my jeep.
We had French cars here since the early 80s and still have a couple of them in the family, never had an issue with a steering rack. Did replace the balljoint that attaches directly to the rack on a Clio once but that's it really.

We had French cars here since the early 80s and still have a couple of them in the family, never had an issue with a steering rack. Did replace the balljoint that attaches directly to the rack on a Clio once but that's it really.
It’s a known problem in the c5s. But my sister in law says it’s in her car as well as others go through them; seemingly your doing well getting a year ; €850

It’s a known problem in the c5s. But my sister in law says it’s in her car as well as others go through them; seemingly your doing well getting a year ; €850
All Renaults here and a couple of Peugeots, fierce comfortable car on the road, maybe more of a soft ride than other makes.

I'm on my 3rd Peugeot in 18 years, 307, 208 & 308, all diesels. I had to have the steering rack replaced in the 208 but I done a bit of digging and it turns out it was a known fault and the UK distributors were replacing them when the squeeze was put on them. I put my case to the Irish crowd with a bit of help from an acquaintance in the motor trade and got the 208 steering done for nothing.

Having said above I haven't had any issues with the Peugeots touch wood but I've probably jinxed myself now. I think proper servicing and using proper oils are essential.

I'm on my 3rd Peugeot in 18 years, 307, 208 & 308, all diesels. I had to have the steering rack replaced in the 208 but I done a bit of digging and it turns out it was a known fault and the UK distributors were replacing them when the squeeze was put on them. I put my case to the Irish crowd with a bit of help from an acquaintance in the motor trade and got the 208 steering done for nothing.

Having said above I haven't had any issues with the Peugeots touch wood but I've probably jinxed myself now. I think proper servicing and using proper oils are essential.
Daughter is after buying a Peugeot 3008. I think she's collecting it tomorrow.

Seems like only yesterday I bought her an 8 year old yaris when she was starting college. Graduated in the recession and eventually sourced work in Belfast. I reckon she hit the 32 counties in that yaris.

She's after trading in a 172 clio which served her well.

I shouldn't have posted about having no issues with Peugeots, I am after jinxing myself. A problem with the Adblu has cropped up and it could be an expensive one, and it's a common issue https://www.peugeotforums.com/threa...1194&nested_view=1&sortby=oldest#post-2181194

Back