Seen for sale...

I see where he says new brakes in the ad. Is there something about the trailer brake having to be set up in them yokes?

brakes need to be set to 2/3 pedal down, no higher, we found that out the hard way. never had an issue with setting the trailer brake. we did fit a trailer brake valve once but that was because the original had seized, tried a secondhand one first but it had problems and the oil feed from it feeds into the delta plates and messed them up. we fitted two sets of brakes before finding out the pedal height. been grand since. wouldn't say the brakes are poor, u have to think of the load behind and what ur at on any tractor, but we started on leylands lol

If it's fairly right mechanically it's a cheap tractor. Would he have known the history of it or anything?
No but he went to see it with a mechanic yesterday and while it is 23 years old he said it's genuine, needs a few bits and pieces but nothing major. He said its straight so he felt he got value. The lad selling it is a pure machinery head and had it since 1998. Cheap power tho and the seller had a heap of calls but the neighbour was the first caller so he gave him first refusal of it. He is getting it Saturday so I'll update more then

So is a tm155 nearer to a t7185 or a t7200 then?
It probably is even though a TM155 was replaced by the T6080 which in turn became a T7.200, the 6080 had heavier rear axles than the TM155 whereas a T6070 which replaced the TM 140 and subsequently became a T7.185 would be the lighter build rear axle yet I have seen them with the heavier front axle, all a bit confusing..

Ok so maybe some one changed their mind.
Shit happens sometimes. But why would you go blowing off in an ad like that insulting everyone is beyond me. Perhaps I should give him a call and offer him the €1800 asking price for it.

Ok so maybe some one changed their mind.
Shit happens sometimes. But why would you go blowing off in an ad like that insulting everyone is beyond me. Perhaps I should give him a call and offer him the €1800 asking price for it.
He has 2 options IMO, keep it, or drop the price down by a VERY large margin to get it away.
No point getting snotty, what he has is not a sought after machine (IMO)

He has 2 options IMO, keep it, or drop the price down by a VERY large margin to get it away.
No point getting snotty, what he has is not a sought after machine (IMO)

To paraphrase David Cuddy, its like having a small flute.... Gets the Job done but not impressing anyone

Back