Seen for sale...

No synchros in a power command.
NH man around here says a power command is far less troublesome than a range Command.
synchros arnt that costly to do iirc 1200 done my 140 and thats after 7000 hrs. Power command might be less frequent visits inside but savage costly when it happens.

synchros arnt that costly to do iirc 1200 done my 140 and thats after 7000 hrs. Power command might be less frequent visits inside but savage costly when it happens.
All down to the driver on them alot of contractors around here have range Commands drawing silage and lads using them like a flappy paddle gearbox.
Think it's the labour is the killer doing synchros.
Like you say i wouldn't be expecting to have to go into a power command.

That's interesting, Would expect the full powershift gearbox to be more problematic.
A contractor friend has 5 nh tractors. 2 are range command and have only been opened once in over 20k hours on both. The other 3 are powercommand and have been opened a couple of times with one been opened more then a brothel door. Very rough changing between some of the gears as well.

Its the opposite way round

The cost involved is the problem if it goes bang. Synchros aren't savage dear in the range command in the grand scheme of things and it's only the mid run (02-04 or 05) models that came the factory with the white sticker gave bother with them when they changed the material. When they changed to the late models with the yellow sticker, 06 On I believe they were grand again. The power command has numerous clutch packs, (9 if I remember correctly) which when go wrong are expensive to put right. When I Worked in a Nh dealer (which is 5 years ago now so I may be open to correction on this) I remember hearing something about 2k going a long way in a range command box, but power command being heading for five figures to fix.

The cost involved is the problem if it goes bang. Synchros aren't savage dear in the range command in the grand scheme of things and it's only the mid run (02-04 or 05) models that came the factory with the white sticker gave bother with them when they changed the material. When they changed to the late models with the yellow sticker, 06 On I believe they were grand again. The power command has numerous clutch packs, (9 if I remember correctly) which when go wrong are expensive to put right. When I Worked in a Nh dealer (which is 5 years ago now so I may be open to correction on this) I remember hearing something about 2k going a long way in a range command box, but power command being heading for five figures to fix.
There was no definite date that white stickers started and stopped AFAIK you could get a white sticker one the same time as a yellow one.
Mines a 2003 and has the yellow stickers.
I think it was when they went from the 165 era to the 155 the material change happened but there can't be many around on there original synchros now either.
Like was said previously the driver has an awful lot got to do with gearbox issues.
Any power command I drove was fairly smooth 12-13 can be jumpy on some of them

The white stickers were of poor quality and often peeled, I think they were discontinued and you had to buy the yellow ones as a replacement, my 2004 TM155 is on yellow stickers too, but I doubt they are from the factory.

The white stickers were of poor quality and often peeled, I think they were discontinued and you had to buy the yellow ones as a replacement, my 2004 TM155 is on yellow stickers too, but I doubt they are from the factory.
A quick Google brings up white stickers too but they could be spurious.
Ive never seen a white sticker 155 mostly 140s

A quick Google brings up white stickers too but they could be spurious.
Ive never seen a white sticker 155 mostly 140s
They are out there. I’ve driven a white sticker tm155 with supersteer in the past. It Came in from Uk from Cheffins. Funnily enough it’s given no trouble to its owner. Even though it’s a white sticker and from Cheffins to boot!! If I took a chance like that I’d end up with pure trouble!

TM120/130/140/155/175/190 were all white sticker up until approx 2005 and were then changed to yellow. Blue was introduced into the decals on the harvest products at the same time. It was to enhance the association between the two product ranges. i.e. it was hoped that it would help make a New Holland combine customer consider buying a New Holland tractor and vice versa.

They are out there. I’ve driven a white sticker tm155 with supersteer in the past. It Came in from Uk from Cheffins. Funnily enough it’s given no trouble to its owner. Even though it’s a white sticker and from Cheffins to boot!! If I took a chance like that I’d end up with pure trouble!
Oh I don't doubt there out there just never seen one with white decals

Back